Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Good paint supplier Nothern Virginia?
Forum Index -> Body/Paint Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
verde
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:38 am    Post subject: Good paint supplier Nothern Virginia? Reply with quote

Hi, I'm in the middle of restoring the paint job on my '79 Westy Bus. The PO had a type of dark green paint somewhat metallic looking, I went to Mattos Pro Finishes Falls Church Virginia and the guy looked at the flakes and said he could match the paint and for a half gallon it would cost me $356. Doesn't that sound excessive? Does anyone know of a cheaper paint supplier that will match my buses current paint in Northern Virginia?

Thanks,

Verde

Verde - '79 Campmobile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
tacky
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am in the same region as you. nva. check the mattos in manasas, maybe the guy you talked to did not know what he was talking about. that seems high to me.
verde
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:14 am    Post subject: Sherwin Williams Fairfax Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, but I found a paint supplier that was less expensive then Mattos. The Sherwin Williams Automotive Finishes in Merrifield Fairfax carries an inexpensive line of paint called DIMENSION Refinishing System. The staff was very knowledgeable and helpful, they made sure I had all the proper sealer, reducer and hardener in the correct measurements to insure a gorgeous do-it-your-self paint job. If you're in the Northern Virginia area and you need help touching up or painting your vehicle they can help and also provide classes on basic painting techniques.

Cheers,

Verde

Verde - '79 Campmobile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Body/Paint All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: