Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Any info on this distributor? Glen? John?
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
myolbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:22 am    Post subject: Any info on this distributor? Glen? John? Reply with quote

I have a distributor that I am considering running with a 1915 with Kadrons, of course using the vacuum port. The numbers on the dizzy are: 0 231 176 044.

This is a vacuum advance distributor that has the dual vacuum ports canister.. That is my tired way of saying that it has the vacuum port for vauum advance and vacuum retard. Will this work with a set of Kadrons running an Engle 120 cam with CB Perf 044 heads? Should I cap off the retard portion of the vacuum canister? Is it the on in the front or the one in the back (as looking at it installed in the engine)? Dies the advance have the larger vacuum tube or the smaller one? Is this vacuum advance only? Or is this a type of SVDA?

I know that the SVDA #0 231 170 034 such as sold by AJ Sims at www.lowbugget.com is a good dizzy and that the Unilite vac advance is better, but would this be better than the 009 I am using now? Also, can I get a Pertronix to drop in here?

Glen?
"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

candyman wrote:
i broke my brain over ten years ago and its still dumb
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Glenn Premium Member
Mr. 010

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Distributor 0 231 176 044 is a late model fuel injected distributor.

I've never used one or know the specs. So i can't comment on it.

Pertronix are model specific. I know the one that fits the 009 does not fit the 010/019 models.

Member #1009

#BlueSquare
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
myolbug
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for more info. Anyone else?
"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

candyman wrote:
i broke my brain over ten years ago and its still dumb
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: