Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

4 rivets racing cam for a tipe 1 engine?
Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
atta-clausus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:04 am    Post subject: 4 rivets racing cam for a tipe 1 engine? Reply with quote

can i buy a four rivet racing cam such an engle w110?I need this because i'have seen a original filter pump mounted in the least engine mounted in the "ultima edtion",i can see that pump and it seems to be realized very well.i'have also a question about the 3 rivet filter pump for common racing cams:really this pump is not so good like the "4 rivet "tipe?what i must buy?bugpak?scat?thank you by now guys
turboblue
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scat made those 4 bolt cams once upon a time and may still do. Check with them.

Turbo VW Sand Drag Buggy

"If you don't run into the Devil every once in awhile, you must be going in the same direction!"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
'64cal lookdub
1200 Deluxe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You spelled type wrong. Wink
nsracing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:02 pm    Post subject: 4 rivet Engle 110 cam? Reply with quote

A 4-rivet Engle 110 cam? There is no such animal!

It is a reground stock cam ground to 110 profile. The actual lift is ground into it...very tiny thing.

The hard parts are all ground away from the process. That is why they tear up easy and lose lobes all suddenly. A bad idea but what do we know. We are not supposed to know that.

Buy an actual new cam for whatever profile you want. You will be happier. Buy a new oil pump to match the cam gear.

Good luck to you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
atta-clausus
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tanks guys you alwais have good food for my mind,sorry for my english,but i'm italian and don't use my english as i like to do!so desidering to bui a new filter pump what is the best one to buy Very Happy Wink ????
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Performance/Engines/Transmissions All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: