Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Izz's Safari Windows - [email protected]
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Viewing feedback for: Jessica01
Email: [email protected]
Last Visited: February 06, 2013
down and dirty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:34 am    Post subject: Izz's Safari Windows - [email protected] Reply with quote

I just got my windows in after 3 months wait. Very poor customer service, oh I mean no customer service. Never returned calls, not once and I called almost daily.

The window frames already have rust on them. Anybody have any suggestion on what to do? I am thinking just tossing them and order some from ISP West. Do all the powdercoated frames rust? I dont want stainless and I really like the white color.

Anybody want to buy some rusty but NEW IZZ SAFARI WINDOWS?

Other emails:
[email protected]
splitpile
Samba's Worst Speller

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: izz safari windows Reply with quote

down and dirty wrote:
I just got my windows in after 3 months wait. Very poor customer service, oh I mean no customer service. Never returned calls, not once and I called almost daily.

The window frames already have rust on them. Anybody have any suggestion on what to do? I am thinking just tossing them and order some from ISP West. Do all the powdercoated frames rust? I dont want stainless and I really like the white color.

Anybody want to buy some rusty but NEW IZZ SAFARI WINDOWS?

ISP's are just wolfgangs, go direct so you have a warranty

What's with the rust on Izz's, they are supposed to be powder coated stainless
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
down and dirty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks I will go to Wolfgang today.
marklaken
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

after all your effort, why not just get them re-powder coated...shouldn't cost too much go to a reputable powder coater...still alot cheaper than OG or buying another repro set that you might be unsatisfied with...

'65 rear left beetle fender

15" Bus Wheels in fair condition

Mark Laken
Fort Collins, CO
diy570
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marklaken wrote:
after all your effort, why not just get them re-powder coated...shouldn't cost too much go to a reputable powder coater...still alot cheaper than OG or buying another repro set that you might be unsatisfied with...

you can't just have them re-powdercoated without disassembly. if they are like wolfgangs, i know its not an easy task and you risk fucking them up. i would just send them back, get a refund and buy some wolfgangs. aftermarket is aftermarket as far as im concerned and theirs arent that bad.
6D2
SBS Hit Squad

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my wolfgang's sitting in the box and waiting for my bus to get home... they look great and they shipped in like a day.. I got them from Cal to Fl six days after ordering them.... they look great but they are not a true bright white.... kind of an ivory or off white....

Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.

if i done my homework I would have had a busboy adjustable beam instead of these... oh and don't look at my brown grass.. Exclamation
The SBS #62

Red Hot Ad Specialties & Stuff...
Shirts and hoodies for shows or clubs.. we ship world wide...
www.pottymouthpromos.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Jessica01
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:16 pm    Post subject: Izzs Safari Windows Reply with quote

I've been the one dealing with Mr. Down & Dirty on the rust issue he is having with the windows he ordered from us. I've tried to work with him on resolving this issue, told him we needed to find out why the windows are rusting, told him to send them back. I offered to send him a new set, I even offered to give him a refund. He is still not happy. We stand behind our product. Izz has been in business for many years and he isn't in business to rip anyone off. Izz's Safari Windows always wants a satisifed customer. Like I said to Mr. Down & Dirty there is an overwhelming number of satisfied customers.

I've apologized for the delay, I've spent most of today trying to work with you. I've even offered to give you a refund. Isn't that customer service?
down and dirty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have waited 3 1/2 months for some windows and I get a set of rusty window frames. I will send them back for a refund and I just ordered a new set from Wolfgang. There frames are stainless and then powdercoated no rust!

Something else that is funny is how Jessica can post a comment on here but nobody has ever once called me and I have left numerous messages.

So, I waited over 3 months to get junk and then I still had to order from wolfgang, am I pissed? NAH
chopped50ford
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 MONTHS AFTER ORDER PLACED, WTF Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation , and only now customer service is given, especially since the word is out of how poor it is....Gimme a break... Evil or Very Mad

Im pissed just reading Down-n-Dirty's post.

the typical, "customer service" is given only when a possible BIG NEGATIVE is passed around to hurt the business.

Im sure if Down N Dirty never said a thing here on the board, there would not have been a fast response as there was to cover it up.

Why take a chance for 3 more months...and not hear from anyone in the meantime....that fricken sucks Confused ... Where is the reasoning behind that treatment? Its just not right. Evil or Very Mad Plain old customer service of the past is just long gone, and consumers have to sit back and take it.

Im convinced to not buy from them. Exclamation but thats my choice.

Excuse the response, Just tired of the Ho-hum C.S. attitude you get these days. You work hard for your money to get what you really want, and someone just takes it to make you wait...The sellers hand is out there when money is due, the consumer...well...we just have to sit back and wait...it will get here when they feel like sending it. They (sellers) dont take your call because they just dont want to deal w/ your legitimate bitching. Pathetic.
1966 Kombi - SOLD
down and dirty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the support.
Jessica also told me I wont get a refund for 3-5 business day after she get the windows back. Plus I am out over 50$ in shipping to me and then back.

I asked her to overnight me a new set of frames and she refused until she can inspect my (new) old frames.

What do I do about windows Jessica? It is illegal to park a car outside without a windshield in Oklahoma City. I have told you and Izz that the city has been harassassing me since July.

Sorry doesnt fix anything. ACTIONS NOT WORDS Wink
dave sanders
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:12 pm    Post subject: Izz's Safaris Reply with quote

This kind of stuff pisses me off people who sit in front of the computer
complaining before they discuss with the manufacture of the product,
Its so easy to pick up the phone and order stuff but try building a damn
set in you garage. I happen to know that Izz builds all his windows from
scatch and use's the best materials,that means bending welding all but
the powder coating is done by hand by Izz . It would be a lot easier if
he would go to Walmart an resale the windows they sell (but they dont sell
the damn things) Izz does windows full bus resto's and pro bass fishes
all damn well and he stand behind and is respected by all of his peers
so if your not happy send the windows to me I'll give you full price today
you damn cry babie and go restore a ford or something simple
you can call me anytime Mr down& dirty 408 209 1235 dave
6D2
SBS Hit Squad

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not my fight but i am putting my .02 in here... I don't blame him for not calling Izz to bitch about the frames if i hadn't recived any calls from them after calling DAILY wouldn't have wasted my time either... and as for the 3 month wait "THATS FREAKIN CRAZY!!!" I think its great Izz builds all his windows by hand, hell he might even make the glass too cool... but you let a customer that is calling everyday or every other day and them"hey Izz is working on your set right now he builds them by hand and it takes a bit of time. we will call you when we send them out, Thank you for your business." I saw how long it takes for Izz to ship stuff, then I read he waits till he has enough orders then gets them from WGI. So why wait to have them shipped from Izz, I just called WGI and got mine in a week...
The SBS #62

www.pottymouthpromos.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
EvilBus
Samba Art Critic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had three sets of Izzys in the past, so if quality is an issue, I'd ask him. I've also had Woflgangs, and those MFs rusted damn quick. That's why I used Izzys. (I even have a couple of his t-shirts)
down and dirty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried to contact izz for 3 months and he wont return my calls. PLEASE SOMEBODY THAT KNOWS IZZ TELL HIM TO CALL ME JASON 405 517-4809. Then I cant tell him how I feel.

I called izz today and left 3 messages

The facts are
NO RETURNED PHONE CALLS
PROMISED 2WEEKS DELIVERY
TOOK 3 MONTHS 2 WEEKS
FRAMES ARE RUSTING WHEN I RECIEVED THEM
IZZ WILL NOT ANSWER THE PHONE OR CALL ME BACK

thank goodness jessica said she will take them back, then all I am out is 50$ for shipping and 4 months of time
k29349@yahoo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have bin reading all of this,and wondering. Why is stainless steel rusting?
down and dirty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dave above informed me that stainless will rust and powder coating is not a very effective barrier. So what dave said is all stainless will rust and I should try making a set myself if I am going to bitch.

??? I am so confused. I am a dick for calling somebody out when they screw me.

Thanks for all the comments and input. I am going to stop arguing before I turn mental.

I still dont like Izz
6D2
SBS Hit Squad

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

k29349@yahoo wrote:
I have bin reading all of this,and wondering. Why is stainless steel rusting?

me too?? Question
The SBS #62

www.pottymouthpromos.com
k29349@yahoo
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone please let me know what kind of stainless this is so I don't use it for anything. I have only worked with 304 and it doesn't rust, but it's a pain to work with.
EvilBus
Samba Art Critic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

down and dirty wrote:
dave above informed me that stainless will rust and powder coating is not a very effective barrier. So what dave said is all stainless will rust and I should try making a set myself if I am going to bitch.

??? I am so confused. I am a dick for calling somebody out when they screw me.

Thanks for all the comments and input. I am going to stop arguing before I turn mental.

I still dont like Izz

There's different qualities of Stainless, I've had some corrosion problems on stainless parts before. However, a good quality stainless won't corrode. Is it where other parts meet up on the windows? I would discuss it with Izzy since he is well known and he stands behind his stuff.
down and dirty
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is nothing in this world that would satisfy me more than talking with izz. I think he has disappeared. I would never have posted about the shitty service from Izz if I could get a hold of him. Yes I called him. I called him yesterday before I started expressing my feelings. I am desperate. If izz was going to call me he would have already.

Check out the pics I posted. THere is rust around the inner edges, rust where the powdercoat is thin or chipped before I got it, rust at the screw holes.

I am sending them back today. If I get my money back cool, if not I will file with my CC company. No matter what I am out 50$ for shipping and 4 months of my time, 2 months I could have been driving my bus.
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Buyer and Seller Feedback All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Jump to:
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: