Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

autostick starter???
Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
low62vdub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 1:26 am    Post subject: autostick starter??? Reply with quote

ok my starter keeps eating away the bushing so im thinking an autostick starter what do i need for this add ?? thanks
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
TWD
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a direct replacement; nothing to modify. I am suprised that you are having problems with the bushings. Other than replacing them when I change the starter or just occasionally when I pull an engine because it is so easy then, I have never had one go bad. I have had very good success buying them at rockauto.com
low62vdub
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool thanks , yeah its easy to take the engine out , now that ive done it so many times it was good practise but im tired of it . im thinking the hole for the bushing is a little off? i dont know . i have a brand new starter to go with the spare parts now , ill be getthing an autostick starter today
thanks again
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bill may
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stock starter is 900-1300 rpms--- autostick starter is 1100-1400 rpms under load,i find that my engine turns over faster when turning key to start position.and at auto zone it only costs $5 to get autostick starter and no bushing is used.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Beetle - 1958-1967 All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: