Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Shasta Snow Trip Official Thread
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 451, 452, 453  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
kombisutra
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:28 am    Post subject: What Expect In Willits Reply with quote

You ask about Thursday night and what to expect in Willits. Well, Christopher Moore has given as many as 20 buses permission to park and camp in his second lot. For the upper crust of the bunch or those after 20, multiple motels dot the main drag through town. Christopher can only provide toilet facilities, so be forewarned.

Arrive completely ready to go with FULL FUEL TANKS. Last year at departure time, chaos rained supreme -much to my credit- and we ended up leaving late. Turn in Thursday night COMPLETELY ORGANIZED and TOTALLY READY TO LEAVE, because guess what? We’ll be leaving on time! Don’t be the one that’s dragging ass.

Before we leave, we’ll be having a short driver’s meeting at which time I’ll hand out the SOP and map packs. Those who don’t show by departure time won’t be lost though, as several packs will be left behind.

Thursday night until midnight, Christopher will be giving tours of his vast collection of type 2 treasure. You are encouraged to arrive with junk needs and cash. Need a split case tranny? How about a spare 36, 40 or 1600 smoker motor? Hell, how about a new bus project for that mater? Bring your flashlights and be ready to barter. Consider him a sponsor for the trip, let’s support him.

Weird questions about his junk can be addressed by him personally at 707-459-3141

Be ready ready to leave on time!
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crofty wrote:
We'll be there too! Can anyone vouch on the chains not fitting larger tires?

I know I ran chains before, like 6-7 years ago and I think i was running 185's.

next time I am out at my shop, I will try to fit up the NOS bus tire chains that I have. I have an NOS beetle set also. maybe if they both work, I could run skinny tires up front and big ones in back. all with formerly NOS tire chains. LOL
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Long-roofs
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know of a old VW guy up here that may have some Bus/Beetle chains, I know I have a couple.

These roads on this trip, is this one of the deals where if it snows 40", we'll be on CNN being rescued, or is it, just put the chains on and go??

"No, I do not own a bleepin' leaf blower"

--
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long-roofs wrote:
I know of a old VW guy up here that may have some Bus/Beetle chains, I know I have a couple.

These roads on this trip, is this one of the deals where if it snows 40", we'll be on CNN being rescued, or is it, just put the chains on and go??

www.shastasnowtrip.com

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Clara Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping to take the bd baja sc.. nice if there'll be a good NW contingent
rachel
Samba Member

Location: in front of this computer... f-that, my buses want me outside with them....

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lind wrote:
will I be the only person driving a sunroof standard?

Lind, you are such a dork! Rolling Eyes There has been a sunroof standard on the Shasta Trip the last four or more years. Not only that but it is a Real sunroof standard and not a hacked one.
UZI
Platinum FUBU

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi rachel

Quote:
mannys66: South Philly Van Club, only the most influential and freshest van club in the vw scene
Quote:
Cuñado: Chrome will get you home!!!!!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Lind
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rachel wrote:
Lind wrote:
will I be the only person driving a '61 sunroof standard?
Lind, you are such a dork! Rolling Eyes There has been a sunroof standard on the Shasta Trip the last four or more years. Not only that but it is a Real sunroof standard and not a hacked one.

ouch. and guilty as charged on the dork thing. LOL
VWoA literature and early dealership or distributor literature/pictures/information
adam beefcake bruno
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lind wrote:

ouch. and guilty as charged on the dork thing. LOL

I can vouch. Ha!!!
kombisutra
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long-roofs wrote:

It depends on how much we piss off mother nature. I'm coming up with all kinds of insults like: "Bitch, you so fat, you be causin' global warmin! and, "Yo, the sky is tellin' me you be havn' hot flashes". Let's see if we can all cap on her and get a good storm out of it!

Really though, we don't get it like your Cascades, and these are just modest deep-woods passes. Don't trip on the getting stuck thing. In fact, we've never NEEDED chains yet and this is the fifth year. That doesn't mean we won't this year though.

B
crofty
Judas of the North

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kombisutra wrote:

Don't trip on the getting stuck thing. In fact, we've never NEEDED chains yet and this is the fifth year.

B

Just tow ropes!

HamburgerBrad wrote:

I slept on crofty's tent once. I passed out drunk from two bottles of Everett's brother's wine.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kombisutra
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clara wrote:
I'm hoping to take the bd baja sc.. nice if there'll be a good NW contingent

Clara, I've been trying to get you guys up there for years, how can I bribe you to enlist other worthy drivers up that way? Beer? Knowing you guys will be coming from the north to Willits, I'm intending to put together a minorly challenging "North West Passage" route so you guys can have a little pre-trip adventure. I can almost guarantee that you'll be donning chains if I kick down with the route I'm thinking of. More on that later. Thanks for your enthusiasm. Thanks,

B
kombisutra
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crofty wrote:
kombisutra wrote:

Don't trip on the getting stuck thing. In fact, we've never NEEDED chains yet and this is the fifth year.

B

Just tow ropes!

True, very true. I'm intending to have most of our recovery requirements met... that gettin'-stuck-for-an-hour-in-the-creek-for-the-second-time shit really burns my britches! I'll be dogone surprised if we get dorked-up like that this year.

B
campingbox Premium Member
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there for documentation purposes....camera in hand, ready to catch all the action.
Hopefully there will be a big turnout......
YEOPANEL
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:22 pm    Post subject: HB babY! Reply with quote

yeah i think im going on the MST im gonna drive a 1960 walkthru panel... how many people r goin so far?
vwjosh6070
Driveway Camper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ill be goin one year, hopefully in '06. it sounds like itll be a fun trip! have fun y'all.

1973 Transporter "Floyd"

****Wheres my old bus?! 1967 Montgomery Ward Camper****

KI4MXO
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Gallery Classifieds Feedback
kombisutra
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

55samba wrote:
Brian is it Feb 19th? You can count on me and a friend or two so far.

Dear 55samba, February 4th-6th. I'm stoked you're planning on making it. Let me know if I can help getting the 59 going.

B

Needed: Bus sunroof header bow, any condition
kombisutra
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rachel wrote:
Lind wrote:
will I be the only person driving a sunroof standard?

Wow, there she is, Hazetgirl Herself! How's the sexy panel coming?

I just finished un-sticking Old Blue's Reserve Tap cable. Next, I've got to replace the choke cable as it's been yanked out too many times by unseeing mechanics and it's stretched into a mini-accordian. Fortunately, I saved a spare from being given away up at Bugarama.

B
kombisutra
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vwjosh67 wrote:
ill be goin one year, hopefully in '06. it sounds like itll be a fun trip! have fun y'all.

Take three weeks off from school, go to Indiana, pack tools and gear in 13 window Deluxe that belongs to a friend of mine, and drive it all the way out here for him. Do trip while you're here. Fly home. My buddy needs it driven out here from there and it's a strong runner. Know anyone who's up for it?

You've got three months.

B
kombisutra
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

campingbox wrote:
I'll be there for documentation purposes....camera in hand, ready to catch all the action.
Hopefully there will be a big turnout......

Will consider you something of a reporter, with all your excellent photography. The photographic coverage that this thing gets is really amazing. Even I'm gonna' be sporting the digital this year. Why don't more enthusiasts put on "action" events, as opposed to boring, static display-type shows?

Will be glad to meet you... What is your name?

B
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 451, 452, 453  Next
Jump to:
Page 2 of 453

Jump to: