Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Shasta Snow Trip Official Thread
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 443, 444, 445 ... 451, 452, 453  Next
Jump to:
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: Mt. Shasta Snow Trip - Thursday, February 11th - 14th, 2 Reply with quote

When and where was that joe?

2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDi 6 speed manual

206-841-7324
[email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
joe cool
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Mt. Shasta Snow Trip - Thursday, February 11th - 14th, 2 Reply with quote

Stuartzickefoose wrote:

I think it was 2008
Hull Mountain? Mendo? Wherever it was we did not get through.
joe cool
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Mt. Shasta Snow Trip - Thursday, February 11th - 14th, 2 Reply with quote

Shasta 10
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
SurfCityRacing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Mt. Shasta Snow Trip - Thursday, February 11th - 14th, 2 Reply with quote

Outcasta Shasta!

Cool
bad dog racing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Mt. Shasta Snow Trip - Thursday, February 11th - 14th, 2 Reply with quote

SurfCityRacing wrote:
Outcasta Shasta!

Cool

Oh Phuck!
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

SurfCityRacing wrote:
What's my muthafukinname? Bad Doggy Doo-ooo-oog!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bad dog racing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Mt. Shasta Snow Trip - Thursday, February 11th - 14th, 2 Reply with quote

SurfCityRacing wrote:
Outcasta Shasta!

Cool

I thought it was Outcast-a-Shasta?

SurfCityRacing wrote:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SurfCityRacing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Mt. Shasta Snow Trip - Thursday, February 11th - 14th, 2 Reply with quote

bad dog racing wrote:

Can't keep up! As long as no DOKAs show up! Laughing
bad dog racing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Mt. Shasta Snow Trip - Thursday, February 11th - 14th, 2 Reply with quote

SurfCityRacing wrote:
bad dog racing wrote:

No Promises

SurfCityRacing wrote:
bad dog racing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Mt. Shasta Snow Trip - Thursday, February 11th - 14th, 2 Reply with quote

bad dog racing wrote:
SurfCityRacing wrote:
bad dog racing wrote:

No Promises

Hey Piercy....DOKA!, DOKA!!, DOKA!!!

SurfCityRacing wrote:
bad dog racing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Shasta IS what you make it!"

ZENVWDRIVER wrote:
bad dog racing wrote:
A Video from a first time Shasta Team.
Sarah and Jill from Team Forest totally rocked SST XV.

Link

...a GREAT account...thanks!

Still one of he best recaps!

SurfCityRacing wrote:
rustybus
Shasta Snow Trip Newt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: Mt. Shasta Snow Trip - Thursday, February 11th - 14th, 2 Reply with quote

I started Rustybus prep for real yesterday. Pulled the wiring half out (and found the cause of my stroke... the idiot light/coil power wire harness was melted right through), pulled the engine, and gathered up random chunks of rain gutters to be welded in. Need to get a bus going so I can drive to Flagstaff and pick up the roof chunk. Rustybus will be apart in the driveway for a while until I get the new wiring in, the roof fixed, and some other tasks done.

www.rustybus.com www.shastasnowtrip.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SurfCityRacing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:11 am    Post subject: Re: Mt. Shasta Snow Trip - Thursday, February 11th - 14th, 2 Reply with quote

Hey Richard,

Is your exhaust going to have the glowing option again this year? It was sure nice to follow up that dark pass!
rustybus
Shasta Snow Trip Newt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:32 am    Post subject: Re: Mt. Shasta Snow Trip - Thursday, February 11th - 14th, 2 Reply with quote

That muffler was left with Damon. You'll have to ask him where the demon exhaust ended up.

www.rustybus.com www.shastasnowtrip.com
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Feedback
SurfCityRacing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Mt. Shasta Snow Trip - Thursday, February 11th - 14th, 2 Reply with quote

Stuartzickefoose wrote:

SST = Stuart's Snow Trip

It's gone, "Full Stuart!"
Stuartzickefoose
Samba Post Whore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Mt. Shasta Snow Trip - Thursday, February 11th - 14th, 2 Reply with quote

There is brian piercy speed. Respectably quick and consistently on the edge of insanity (respect given when due;) )

Then there is full stuart ahead...next level above insane.

williamM wrote:
asiab3 wrote:
williamM wrote:
You do need good brakes and how to drive them when hot

As a general rule? Sure! On our Lost Coast trip, there wasn't much braking to be done, as we were carefully navigating the terrain, rather that going "Full Stuart" and driving the trail accordingly…… Twisted Evil

The real braking test came on the road down to Shelter Cove. I was fine, but sjhotz behind me was reading me the riot act towards the bottom since his Thing was geared different, and he wanted to go faster! Cool

Laughing Laughing Laughing "full Stuart" Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes funny-can I use that one.- My expirence was "king ranch road" which has LOTS of down hill.-

Xevin wrote:
Ha! "Full Stu Ahead" I like it. Might need to add this interjection to Wikitionary. "Full Steam Ahead", "Full Speed Ahead", "FSA" Laughing

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/full_speed_ahead

I hope your staying sharp brian...when I get a splitty you will have a new trail of dust to attempt to keep up with. Wink

All jokes aside, I do want to thank you for your service....was thinking about you today and don't think I ever said thanks! So thank you! (And any others here who serve Wink )

2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDi 6 speed manual

206-841-7324
[email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
bad dog racing
Samba Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:43 am    Post subject: Re: Mt. Shasta Snow Trip - Thursday, February 11th - 14th, 2 Reply with quote

Stuartzickefoose wrote:
There is brian piercy speed. Respectably quick and consistently on the edge of insanity (respect given when due;) )

Then there is full stuart ahead...next level above insane.

williamM wrote:
asiab3 wrote:
williamM wrote:
You do need good brakes and how to drive them when hot

As a general rule? Sure! On our Lost Coast trip, there wasn't much braking to be done, as we were carefully navigating the terrain, rather that going "Full Stuart" and driving the trail accordingly…… Twisted Evil

The real braking test came on the road down to Shelter Cove. I was fine, but sjhotz behind me was reading me the riot act towards the bottom since his Thing was geared different, and he wanted to go faster! Cool

Laughing Laughing Laughing "full Stuart" Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes funny-can I use that one.- My expirence was "king ranch road" which has LOTS of down hill.-

Xevin wrote:
Ha! "Full Stu Ahead" I like it. Might need to add this interjection to Wikitionary. "Full Steam Ahead", "Full Speed Ahead", "FSA" Laughing

https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/full_speed_ahead

I hope your staying sharp brian...when I get a splitty you will have a new trail of dust to attempt to keep up with. Wink

All jokes aside, I do want to thank you for your service....was thinking about you today and don't think I ever said thanks! So thank you! (And any others here who serve Wink )[/quote]

FULL STU AHEAD!!! White Bay Bus

SurfCityRacing wrote:
kombisutra
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Mt. Shasta Snow Trip - Thursday, February 11th - 14th, 2 Reply with quote

Thank Stu, I appreciate that.

I'm currently curled up in my military mummy bag in a connex box "home" and as of today, finally thinking about Shasta and the mechanical issues I'll be faced with upon my five-days-before-SST arrival. Hell, I can populate a small planet in five days... I'll have plenty of time to get my heap running!

The snow is creeping down the mountains toward Bagram Airfield, soon, it will be here. Only one rocket attack since my arrival first part of November. Showers are still hot, chow halls are still serving some of the best food in the largest quantities I've ever seen, haji's still here selling all their counterfeit Dr. Dre "Beats" headphones and zillions of fake products from China, troops from twenty nations are still here, all of which are continuously armed to the teeth with their respective military's firearms. Saw a few dudes from the nation of Georgia a couple days ago in the chow hall. Dudes were laughing at me for tripping off their wicked-unusual machine gun. 100% language barrier prevented me from getting the name of it, but the thing was unlike any I'd ever seen, bizarre looking.

Welcome Seizure66, I'm not alone in hoping you can get your program togeter in time. Looks like you at least have Rustybus to keep you motivated.

Good hearing from Joecool, Baddog and Surfcity too, glad you all made it out of hibernation unscathed too.

Ok, hitting the rack. Looking forward to who else pops out of the cave and checks in.
joe cool
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Mt. Shasta Snow Trip - Thursday, February 11th - 14th, 2 Reply with quote

Brian, rumor has it the locals did some work and now your bus is running great
Image may have been reduced in size. Click image to view fullscreen.
kombisutra
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Mt. Shasta Snow Trip - Thursday, February 11th - 14th, 2 Reply with quote

Very funny Joe! No visible camels from this base. No see through fences to view the countryside, just 40ft concrete blast walls with remote, camera mounted machine guns continuously panning... seeking something warm to eat.

How is your Kombi progressing?

Who else has an update on their progress?
BulliBill
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: Mt. Shasta Snow Trip - Thursday, February 11th - 14th, 2 Reply with quote

Keep your head down buddy and get home safely! Take care...

Bill Bowman
Thornton VW - Stockton

Thanks for any help!
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 443, 444, 445 ... 451, 452, 453  Next
Jump to:
Page 444 of 453

Jump to: