Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Wheels for a '66 Deluxe 13 window Transporter
Forum Index -> Split Bus Share: Facebook Twitter
Reply to topic
Quick sort: Show newest posts on top | Show oldest posts on top View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:09 pm    Post subject: Wheels for a '66 Deluxe 13 window Transporter Reply with quote

I realize this has no doubt been beat to death but I am looking to replace the 15" chrome bug wheels back to a stock look. Any recommendation would be appreciated. I believe 14" was stock. Was a 15" ever a dealer installed option.

That is I can find them at a reasonable price.

Thank you
Jeff in Iowa
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
mandraks
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Wheels for a '66 Deluxe 13 window Transporter Reply with quote

they definitely all had 14s from the factory. i personally would always run 15s. just my preference. Doubt anybody would beat you up for that. Maybe just paint or powdercoat the ones you got?

Uli

----------------------------------------
'53 3-Fold Oval, L35 Metallic Blue, looking for a narrow hatch panel
ronjonlasvegas
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Wheels for a '66 Deluxe 13 window Transporter Reply with quote

In 1966 all buses came with 14 inch wheels, 15 inch wheels were not available on buses that year. The 14 inch ones are pretty easy to find used, I just bought one for a spare for my 65 bus.

Here is an ad for refurbished ones.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=2128251
Jeler
Samba Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Wheels for a '66 Deluxe 13 window Transporter Reply with quote

mandrake and ronjon,

Thanks, no doubt the 15's are easier to find and they probably provide
a smoother ride than the 14's.

thanks for the link for the 14's advertised. High dollar!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Feedback
Reply to topic    Forum Index -> Split Bus All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: