68-79 transporter/bus parts Price: varies
Unless otherwise stated, parts are used, original German/VW/OEM, in usable condition.
It's possible some part no.'s and application notes may not be 100% accurate. Ask for photos
or measurements if item description here is not sufficient to determine if part will meet your needs.
Returns accepted for refund, but buyer must pay return shipping unless parts received are not as described.
Parts will generally be shipped within 2 business days of payment receipt/cleared. Payment via PayPal has no extra charge.
I will mostly use USPS Priority Mail or 1st Class Package Service to ship, but will consider other
methods at buyer's own risk. Local (Seattle) buyers are welcome to pickup or inspect items in person, PM
to arrange a date/time. Local pickup will require cash or pre-payment.
Items marked FREE can be included with any other paid-for items with no additional charge, other than shipping cost
increase, if any.
Please don't ask for parts not listed here. Note that ad photo above may show parts that have been sold.
I have NO phone, and will not reply/text to any phone #'s you send. "Parts Guard Kat" not for sale.
PARTS FOR EARLY/LATE BAY BUS(Transporter 1968-1979):
• Head studs, M10 x 203 mm., VW #N145021. 4 available, $2. ea.
• Case bolts, M10 x 213, VW #021-101-145B. 3 available, $5. ea.
• Heater fan mount isolation studs, 72-79 bus, 6 available, $2. ea.
• Passenger Seat Backrest Hook, VW #211-881-542, w/mounting screws, FREE.
• Front Turn Signal Housing, VW #211-953-052K, right side, 70-72 bus, $5.
• Steering Coupling Disk, VW #211-415-417, aftermarket, NEW. More bendy than original for sure, but no indication of
low electrical resistance, which would lead to horn problems on early bays. FREE.
• Rear Wheel Bearing Housings. VW #211-501-253B/254B (L&R). These are '71-only parts, but AFAICT can be easily
modified, or the wheel cyl.'s can be, for use with 72-79 bus also. Bare. Cleaned, painted, ready to install. As is usual
with original housings, the inner ball bearings do not have much of a "press" fit anymore. A bit of sleeve/bearing
retainer compound such as Loctite 620 might be useful with these. $10. each.
• Seat Belt Swivel Cover, Upper Right. VW #221-857-742A. Black. $5.
• Rear Hatch Handle/Lock, Chrome, without lock cylinder. VW #211-829-231G. 68-71 bus? Will accept both L (68-70)
profile and R (71-up) profile lock cylinders. Chrome finish has some small blisters on bottom (out of sight). $5.
• Rear Wheel Brake Cylinder. VW #211-611-047C, 55-71 bus, NEW Varga/TRW brand, $10.
• Brake Shoes, rear, set of 4, VW #211-609-537J, '71 bus only. NEW: $15. Also a set of 4, very lightly used: $5.
• Parking Brake Cable. VW #211-609-701P, GEMO #432-070, 3440 mm. 70-71 bus w/servo? Two NEW available for
$10. ea. One USED available FREE (the plastic sheathing at the rear of the used cable is
deteriorated, otherwise in good shape. Some heat-shrink tubing should make it all better).
• Parking Brake Push Bars. VW #211-609-631B/632B (R&L) 68-71 bus. $5 ea.
• Parking Brake Cable Retainer/Spreader Bar. VW #211-711-489. 70-71 bus w/servo? I suppose is intended
to prevent cable from chafing too much on servo. $5.
• Parking Brake Cable with Roller. VW #211-711-471A. 68-71 bus. For use on busses that have had an
equalization bar installed per the Note in art. 10.3, Brakes and Wheels chapter, Bentley Type 2
68-79 service manual. Possibly stock on Italian busses. A rarely seen part. $5.
• Dowels, 10 mm X 27 mm, stainless steel. NEW. Locates rear brake backing plate to bearing housing. Will
NEVER rust! Set of 2. $5.
• Window Scraper, Front Door, Inner, Right. NEW. Aftermarket. This is what BusDepot.com calls their "best
quality". However, mounting clip is different from original, and is a bitch to install. It is recommended
to replace clip with used original. $5.
• Heat Exchanger, Right. VW #211-255-106B. 68-71 bus. Aftermarket, typical 'Dansk'-brand quality, good
condition, clean&painted. $20.
• Clutch Pressure Plate, 200 mm. VW #311-141-025E. 68-70 bus. Sachs (Brazil), w/thrust ring. $30.
• Generator Pulley. VW #211-903-109. For 38A generator, 69-71 bus. Both perimeter notches on the forward (cast iron) half
have been chipped, and damage cleaned up so that notches are a little larger than original, but is fully functional. $10.
• Generator body screws for 38A generator, VW #131-903-555, 69-71 bus. Long (192 mm) M6 cheese-head
screws. 4 available, 2 have ~2 in. insulating sleeve under head. $3. ea.
• CVJ boot flange cap, for original-style CVJ boot, VW #211-501-141A. FREE.
• Push bar, from brake pedal to brake servo (booster). VW #211-721-291A. 71-79 bus. Includes lock nut and clevis pin. $5.
• Front rubber boot and plastic air connector, all 71-79 bus ATE brake servos. Air hose nipple is 14 mm OD, as was original
on 74-79 servo, will work with 71-73 air vent hose with appropriate sleeve. Includes spring clip. $10.
• Rubber seal for RH sliding door window with vent. Fair condition, there's a nick in vertical inside lip adjacent to vent, and
a little separation at bottom forward 90 deg. joint. FREE.
• Sun visor, left, white. VW #211-857-551D. 2 1/2 in. split on inner edge. Also somewhat yellowed with age. FREE.
• Front transmission mount bracket, VW #211-599-231, 68-71 bus. $5.
• Body sheet metal repair piece, bottom 4" inside sliding door, NEW, Klokkerholm brand. $5.
• Body sheet metal repair piece, bottom 10.5" outside sliding door, NEW, Klokkerholm brand. $5.
• Sled tins, left and front right, for 68-71 bus upright engine. VW #211-119-351C, #113-119-350. FREE.
• Fan belt, 9.5 mm X 905 mm, Continental (Made in India). NEW. FREE.
• Brush assembly for Bosch AL82 alternator, Bosch #9121080281. NEW. 2 available, $20. ea.
• 36 mm impact socket, 6-point, 3/4" drive, PROTO #07536M. $10.
• Bentley Type 2 1968-1979 manual, no cover, pages (except wiring diagrams) have been 3-hole punched for insertion in
binder. From old paperback version with color wiring diagrams far superior to crummy ones in currently available
hardback edition. Some pages have hand-written notes on 'em. FREE.