1974 Volkswagen Thing Price: $10900
This is a very nice car that's ready to go.
Starts immediately from cold and runs strong. Very dependable.
Previous owner spent over $3000 getting back to as close to stock as possible.
About the car:
- Great head turning condition.
- Convertible top in great shape, no holes, slight rub haze on back lexan.
- Convertible top frame in great condition.
- Mileage is not known but reads 65,474.
- Engine is original “A” series, burns no oil, starts right up and runs strong.
- Floor pans are solid and sturdy as are bottom of wheel wells.
- New side curtain replacements still in factory bag (Velcro installed fabric and lexan only, uses original frames).
- Inner top corners of front seats have split seems about 3” long.
Have all receipts from recent work.
STOCK EXCEPT FOR:
- EMPI “Trigger” shifter
- EMPI ceramic exhaust (NEW)
- EMPI heads and valve covers
- Baja Wheels
- Newly rebuilt Solex Carb
- Newly rebuilt wiper motor by “The Thing Shop” **Wiper Motor is Thing specific, next to impossible to find and expensive to rebuild ($320) if available.
- CV joint boots (repacked, bearings were fine)
- Fuel pump
- Ignition points
- Ignition wires
- Spark plugs
- Cap and Rotor
- Distributor (complete with rod)
- Steering column indicator switch cluster
- Brake cylinders
- Brake drums and shoes (front)
- Flexible brake lines
- EMPI ceramic exhaust
- Shifter bushing
- Shift rod coupler
- Coco yellow floor mats