Ultimate Patina 1963 California Karmann Ghia Coupe Price: $9,500
- Ultimate patina created by the one-and-only Mother Nature
- Unrestored desirable factory black paint with brick red interior
- Original California black-plate car. These plates are original to the car. I have a copy of an old registration and old California title that show that these plates were registered to this car. I would think that if you have this proof you should be able to register the car with these same plates if you live in California.
- Lived virtually all of its life in Stockton, California, where it has been off the road for almost 20 years.
- Very solid and complete car. I do have the original chrome headlight rings and front turn-signal lenses...just not installed yet.
- Matching body VIN and chassis numbers
- Stock 40-hp engine, probably not original to the car
- Uncut dash
- Original glass
- Originals keys
- Original gauges
- Original Sapphire radio tested and works, will need new speaker and wires hooked up
- Original door panels.
- Rear seat still maintains its original vinyl, but the front seats have been reupholstered some years ago using brick-red seat covers with white piping.
- Headliner is original, but pulled away from the front windshield and the rear glass
- Carpeting has been removed, but all four rubber mats are still present
- The previous owner completed some mechanical repairs approximately four years ago: drums turned, new shoes, new wheel cylinders, soft brake lines points, plugs, points, distributor cap, new set of Bosch plug wires, 6-volt coil, fuel pump and new tires.
- I recently cleaned out the gas tank, replaced the fuel screen and seal, installed a new metal brake line (long one) along with a new master cylinder, all new wheel cylinders, all new soft brake lines, rear axle seal, new front and rear brake shoes, rebuilt carburetor and new 6-volt starter
- The few rust issues that I found on the car consist of the battery tray, lower right rear fender (most likely due to battery acid as the left rear fender is fine), rear floor pans and a small section of the rear luggage compartment due to a leaking rear window seal creating a wet carpet and tar board. This is common Ghia, as both are moisture traps.
- The license light housing is somewhat bent downward causing a pressure dent on the deck lid. A few tiny rust spots are on the bottom edge of the outer deck lid.
- Old repair just below aluminum door trim on passenger side door. Looks like the door was scraped and repaired years ago. Fortunately, it doesn’t affect the fit or alignment of the door.
- Dent on driver side rear fender
- It appears that there had been an air conditioning unit installed based on the holes cut near the gas tank in the front trunk area and the remnants of hoses in the front trunk and engine bay.
- The car does run and drive but will still need some attention in the electrical area such as turn signal switch, wipers, clock, hooking up radio and testing horns.
- The car will need new rubber seals as most of them are the original seals and show their age.
- This would be a great car for someone who appreciates the Patina look and who wants to leave the car “as is” with Mother Natures weathered exterior finish.
- Clear title in my name
- Feel free to contact me with questions.