1965 Westfalia Camper Price: $56,250
This is an original VW German made Westfalia SO-42 camper walk-thru bus originally shipped to Gibraltar (near Spain). It shipped with North American export package. See attached M-Code photo. I believe it was purchased by a military person since there was a US Naval base there at that time period then shipped to the states.
Total restoration inside and out, including the motor, about six years ago. Motor has about 2000 mile on it. New wood interior on ceiling and doors. All cabinets are original and restored. All mechanical and 12v electrical has been reworked and works as designed. Original ice box, spice rack, folding tables, cabinets and Z-bed all restored. One key for ignition and doors.
- rebuilt front seats and new covers (original rear including color)
- rebuilt glass louver windows & screens
- all new body gaskets and rubber
- three color paint (two color of whites and red)
- new curtains
- rebuilt 1600 cc dual port engine (less then 2K on motor)
- new luggage rack
- child cot
- new steering wheel
- custom vehicle cover
- zero rust throughout (now undercoated)
- new gas tank
- period correct props for shows and cruises
- rebuilt suspension, tires, brakes and exhaust all with less then 2k
- all five wheels are original and with correct date code.
This is a major award winning vehicle placing 1st and Best-in-show in several shows. The bus won at the Geneva Illinois Concours de Elegance in 2016. Also, local newspaper ran a feature article on the bus in 2015.
More info upon request. NO TRADE. NO BROKER AGENTS. Clear title. Garage kept. Non smoker. Also, there is no tent or gas heater.
Email with any questions or for more photos or videos. Recent professional appraisal available upon request.