1982 Vanagon Camper Price: 14,500
1982 Volkswagen Vanagon Camper
- Air cooled
- Rebuilt engine and transmission with about 25k miles since rebuild (rebuilt in Southern California before my ownership in 2012)
- Full kitchen (great working propane two burner stove, fridge (sometimes works), sink sans tank/pump)
- Lighter weight cabinetry than standard campers of that era / tons of storage
- Freshly painted and updated interior
- Custom upholstery throughout, very minimal wear, non-smoker
- Front seats with arm rests are incredibly comfortable compared to standard VW
- Passenger seat reverses to face bench
- Sleeps up to four
- Rare Riviera pop top gives way more room up top
- Original snap in screen for back hatch
- Snap in privacy curtain for front windows / windshield
- Two sliding screened windows
- Tinted windows for camping coolness / maximum privacy
- Removable tow hitch
- New floors
- Brand new tires (less than 100 miles on them)
- New fuse box rewire
- Brand new Bluetooth stereo that I never got installed / included
- Tons of additions and work done over the past six years in my possession (replaced / new brakes, fuel lines and fuel pump, starter and distributor, clutch, alternator and muffler)
- Overall in excellent shape with obvious wear here and there for a 36 year old camper, mostly cosmetic like a few rust spots on the exterior paint which were there when I bought it. The back bumper and hatch were dented 4 years ago, but is purely cosmetic so I did not repair - and I'm happy to give full details. Undercarraige in solid shape. No rust through anywhere.
***Full tune-up including oil + filter change and valves adjusted in April 2017. I got a compression and end play test done on the engine while getting the spark plugs changed - zero end play and all cylinders are in great shape in terms of compression (all 85-100). I've got the exact numbers on that if needed.
I have lived off the grid for the better part of three years in this vehicle (owned since 2012) mostly in western North Carolina. It has been a dream come true. I love this van as it has truly been home to me and given me so much freedom and many enchanting experiences! I'm looking to get a larger school bus type rig now, otherwise I'd never let her go! I bought this from a VW mechanic in Ohio and was unprepared for the little tune ups and upkeep needed on an older vehicle - super easy upkeep I've heard of you are mechanically inclined but alas, after five years I am still, not a mechanic. I'm back on the grid, this lovely lady has served me well and after much deliberation I've decided to let her go. These vans are a blast to drive and own!
More photos available, or schedule a visit by contacting Lorrin preferably by text 662-648-eight-eight-seven-four or email.
Clear title. Cash only. Would consider a partial trade for the right school bus, short bus, shuttle bus or small camper.