1984 Bostig Westfalia Price: 18000
Up for sale is a 1984 Vanagon Westfalia with a complete Bostig focus engine swap. If you've never heard of the swap, definitely check it out. Arguably the most reliable swap option of Vanagons, I've been very happy with miles I've put on mine. I can cruise all day long at 80 mph and hills are now nothing to be afraid of.
This vehicle is ready to go and For the year, it drives and rides really well. The engine that was swapped in came out of a 2000 focus with 30k miles on the clock. Since the swap, I've put about 12k miles on the van. Comes with the center row seat and factory tent!
- New tires sitting on 16" steel wheels
- Side mirror upgrade ( massive improvement! )
- Alpine stereo w/ USB and aux in
- 2, 8" round speakers in the rear seat
- Brand new spare tire mounted to a swing out rear holder
- shifter rebuilt
- go westy shifter arm extension
- new transmission with taller 4th gear
- 2000 ford focus engine w/ Bostig install kit
- refrigerator removal kit installed for more storage space
- installed a secondary battery/ solenoid/ inverter (lasts camping the weekend for lights, charging, fans, etc)
- new clutch
- new bilstein shocks and go westy springs all the way around
- new half shafts
- new ball joints
- new rear wheel bearings
- nearly all new coolant lines
- Upgraded Bostig oil pan (4.5 quarts and better ground clearance )
- rear hatch screen
- sliding window screens
- retractable windshield cover
- new-ish drive battery
- installed sound deadening mat around the engine
- comes w/ heavy gauge extension chord for campsite plug in
- comes w/ vanagon manual (and all Bostig literature )
- rear and mid pop top seal replaced
- new front suspension bushings
- CLEAN UNDERBODY
- front door handle gaskets
- i'm sure theres more that i'm forgetting....
- New AC lines need to be run to have AC. Everything else is there...
- needs a new under vehicle speedo box, although the stock speedo was never accurateanyways ( i just used my GPS unit for my speedo )
- front defrost blower motor seized. I have the new one, just haven't put it in.
- front windsheild wiper fluid reservoir is cracked and leaks
- front drivers seat has a tear
- body has various dings and scratches
If i were to keep it, I'd fix all those issues and do the paint/body work, but it looks pretty good as is. Everyone loves the van and it's a joy to camp in. Please feel free to ask any questions about the van!