1982 Volkswagen Vanagon Westaflia Diesel Price: 16,000
We are planning to sell La Ballena Azul! She has been a wonderful van, but we just purchased a boat so our summer activities are going to be more focused on water activities now. We purchased her two years ago from another couple here in Anchorage who owned the van for about 10 years. With it they gave us a VERY detailed binder that has information about the van and what work it has had done.
Good stuff from the previous owner-
Hauled up from Colorado to AK (NO ALCAN miles)
Rarely driven in winter (we also leave it in the garage all winter on a trickle charger)
New water pump, pulleys, and timing belt 2016
New propane tank, regulator, PROPEX Heat Source heater, and tune-up installed/performed by Rockey Mountain Westy in 2014
All soft fuel lines replaced with Viton hose.
Injectors rebuilt in 2011
Optima Yellow Top main battery.
Go Westy 15" x 7" alloy wheel upgrade with Michelin HydroEdge tires.
Go West pop-top rain fly with luggage tub cover.
All original curtains and screens.
Both front and rear dining tables.
Extra foam mattress for super comfy sleeping.
Additional LED lights on the interior and power inverter for aux battery.
Brakes system completely replaced in the past 8 years (rotors, pads, master cylinders, lines, etc.)
Steering linkage replaced at time of brake work.
Radiator replaced in the last 10 years.
Custom made bra for the front end.
Sliding door was re-paneled and insulated for better winter camping
Owned and operated for over 12 years by the previous owner (good history of vehicle)
Improvements we have made since 2016-
• Replaced old florescent lights with LED lights (as mentioned above)
• Pulled old, original brown carpet and replaced it with laminate flooring
• Replaced radio with updated technology
• Removed fridge and replaced with GoWesty Fridge Removal kit (original fridge still available if you want it)
• Added GoWesty solar system to van
• Cleaned up and re-wired aux battery
• Added small weather station (remote located under rear cabinet)
• Added magnetic utensil holder to kitchen area
• Replaced old sink faucet with GoWesty version
• Replaced rear sunroof vent and seal
• Replaced old front driver and passenger window seals on both windows. In the process the driver's side vent window frame rusted and disintegrated so it was completely replaced. Bought used frame from GoWesty.
• Replaced the original headliner inside the van which was falling down and ripped.
• Installed full trailer hitch with attachments for trailer lights.
• Installed Yakima roof top bars
Just as an FYI, mileage is unknown. The odometer stopped around 130,000.
Please shoot us an e-mail if you are interested and we can talk, reasonable offers will be considered. Thanks!