1974 VW Thing - Sell or Trade for Bus or Vert Bug Price: 10000
I'm selling my 1974 VW Thing - Its been an great fun car to drive. I get thumbs up and people stopping to chat with me just about every time I drive around time. Runs and drives great. Clean and current registration in my name paid thru Apr. 2019. If you want to drive something unique that you done see every day, this is the car for you. I was building this car as a fun summer runner but have since decide to thin the heard a bit in order to buy a split bus.
* Good running 1641 motor (size stated to me by the previous owner)
* Weber Progressive carb.
* Electronic ignition
* New fuel pump, filter, and fuel hoses.
* Authentic A1 Sidewinder exhaust - Ceramic coated
* Brand new brakes front and rear with new wheel cylinders, shoes, hardware kit, Brake hoses,and new master cylinder
* Front and rear wheel bearing cleaned, inspected, and repacked.
* New inner and outer rear trailing arm bushings. Replace old soft ones with firmer urathane.
* New raised and widened front fiberglass fenders with custom LED turn signal/parklamp lights
* Brand new H4 bulb conversion headlamps
* New wider rear fiberglass fenders
* Brand new 235/75R15 Falcon WildPeak AT3's
* Custom made and one of a kind powdercoated steel wheels with simulated beadlocks. The outer beadlock rings are removable so they can be painted any color of choice. They are still DOT legal which real beadlocks are not.
* Wheel studs on all four corners.
* Custom tig welded roll cage
The car comes with:
2 convertible top frames. Both need a little work
All 4 windows. they need now plastic
1 front bumper and 1 extra rear bumper
The body is in good overall shape. There is zero rust-out on the body with the exception of the normal rust under the battery. it has been repaired with a battery tray installed along with a recent battery. The interior is worn and sun faded. The seats are fully usable and not falling apart.
I have been asked a couple of times if the rear had been wrecked due to the primer. The answer is no the rear has not been damaged. the previous owner had a small ding repaired under the left taillight (showed me the spot as seen from inside the engine bay) and for some reason the body shop primed the whole rear of the car. The rear of the car is straight and solid.
If you seriously are interested, please feel free to give me a call and I will gladly answer any questions and get you more pics of anything you want.
Also willing to trade for a baywindow, or split bus, or a pre 1965 convertible bug. Any condition considered.