85' vanagon Wolfsburg weekender/98' TDI conversion Price: 16,000
I bought this van from the man who created it. His intentions were reliability. From the 6 years I've owned this van I can say he met his mark. This van has not once left me stranded and has delivered me in style every time.
About the features and upgrades:
-1998 TDI conversion from a Jetta using its full computer and electronics to optimize running performance. 169,000 miles on the motor. Compression test concurred that there is many miles to be enjoyed.
- engine mounted upright at 15drgrees for less vibration and better fuel economy using fast forward mounts and KEP adapter plates. Compared to the less efficient installation of engine on its side.
- -air to water intercooler kit from siliconeintakes.com with botch circulating pump.
- -gowesty transmission with taller 3rd and 4th gears for excellent interstate travel speeds. (Can do 75-80mph)
- -peloquin ATB differential.
- Big brake kit for front brakes from van cafe'
- Blister HD shocks with gowesty 1.5" lift
- Disk brake conversion for rear brakes
- Longer rear wheel studs with 10mm spacers
- Custom welded 804 SS exhaust with v-band connections
- Isspro boost and exhaust pyrometer gauges
- Second auxiliary battery that powers vent fan, radio, power inverter and interior lights
- 1200 watt power inverter
- 36watt solar panel that charges the auxiliary battery. (The alternator also charges aux. along with main starter battery).
- Propane heater thermostat controlled by heatsource HS 2800 for those cold nights
- Custom welded cattle guard and spare tire holder and back rack
- Custom bi-fold foam mattress
- Smog exempt registration
Recently replaced/ added:
-Added fuel lift pump
-Front CV joints
-Newer rear boots
-Newer front disk breaks
-Newer vacuum lines