1986 Vanagon Full Camper Syncro Price: 52000
1986 VW Syncro
title status: clean
I have been a westy owner for over 10 years and I purchased this Syncro two years ago when I upgraded from a 2WD. This was meant to be a lifetime camper, but unfortunately am in a position where I need to sell her. I have spent well into $30,000 to make sure she runs reliably -- you will not find a better mechanically running syncro out there. The exterior and interior are also in pristine condition with just a few minor things to point out. I purchased her for $52,000 and while I have put around $30,000, I am just looking to recover my original investment. You will not be disappointed -- I have put about 10,000 miles on this care (4,000 after engine rebuild) and she is as reliable as it gets.
Recent work in June 2017, validated by 4,000 miles of smooth and fun driving:
- Complete rebuild of Subaru 2.2L engine
- New engine cooling system with all new stainless steel lines, radiator, electrical. You name it, it was replaced.
- New gas tank
- Tires have 4,000 miles on them, upgraded size to 16"
- Air conditioning replaced
- Many minor maintenance fixes like break pads, etc.... records available
- Roof rack with Thule and shower system
- All documents available to show work done
- Subaru Conversion
- Lifted for higher clearance
- Front and rear bumpers upgraded
History: She was purchased in florida and lived on the east coast for a few years before relocating to Santa Barbara. In Santa Barbara, she had her first major overhaul done which included the Subaru conversion, transmission, lift, breaks, and several other more minor items. She was then brought to San Francisco where I purchased her, right before relocating up to Seattle.