1985California Westfalia (Style) Camper Ultra Rare Price: $20K
Selling my Camper due to health reasons!
Please note I don't have many recent exterior pictures both of them are displayed on this ad. The van has been in storage, and I wasn't planning on selling it. All the other pictures I have are before it was painted so doors are different colors Etc, old pics are available upon request.
Ultra Rare Right Hand Drive (RHD) California Westy (Style) camper with newly installed low mileage Subaru 2.2 engine, imported in 2009 from England.
I have to say the van is a California Westfalia "Style" because they didn't exist in 1985, AND There is no such thing as a RHD Westy! It was too costly for the factory to refabricate, and calibrate Westfalias for the RHD market. Originally this van was a panel van, and in 2001 it was converted to a camper, When I bought it, I outsourced Westfalia parts and installed them. If I didn't tell you you wouldn't know the Difference, Many VW experts actually believe that it is a RHD Westy. I'm disclosing this fact because I don't want to mislead ANYONE. This van features the perks of later model Westies with the added benefit of having a Subaru Engine.
* Electric Mirrors (disconnected) But you only need to adjust them once chances are you won't let anyone else drive this fine machine.
*Rear window wipers & Defroster
* Fuel tank replaced 10 years ago.
* Fuel pump replaced 5 years ago
* Custom curtains no rips or tears (tropical theme) installed 5 years ago
* Westfalia late model Captain's chairs that swivel, AND THROUGH SPECIAL MODIFICATIONS...storage under the driver's seat!
* Westfalia Pop top with 4 year old GO Westy canvas NO RIPS OR TEARS (only a couple of small holes where it got caught on the latch.
*Westfalia front table
*Westfalia Rock and roll bed (Specially modified to fit RHD)
*California Westfalia roof spoiler with SUnroof (Normal Westies have a luggage rack)
*California Westfalia Decals included SOme are still in box
*Very rare Jail Bars for Rear window (how many Vanagons have you seen with Jail Bars?)
*Impossible to find Westfalia optional child's bed that mounts over the front seats.
* Westfalia curtain rails (Rear window)
*RV Electrics with plugs (220v) 110v inverter with 2 plugs (AMerican)
*Dual Batteries (Both new)
*Just invested $4000, replacing entire cooling system, New Radiator, fan switch, Heater valve,hoses, New fuel lines, too many parts to mention Receipts are in van, and installed Low mileage engine WITH WARRANTY!
*Stainless Steel Coolant pipes (From GO Westy)
*Stainless Steel Exhaust from Kennedy Engeneering.
*Mercedes SLK Kompressor 16"Alloy wheels WITH MATCHING SPARE.
* Working Functional kitchen with 2 burner stove sink (some British brand) and water tank (westfalia)
* Decent newer Pioneer CD player, with buetooth, Ipod connections SIRRUS ready. Powered with Kenwood 800w amp.
* Unique Dash tray with 2 drink holders and storage tray from Just Kampers in England.
* New shifting mechanism (just rebuilt)
* Clutch slave cylinder replaced 4 years ago
* Tires only a couple of years old (been in storage longer than on the road)
* New Front end bearings.
* Replaced doors with American DOT safety specs and wing vents (European models don't have this)
*50mm (2") trailer hitch converted to AMerican electrics
This van is a real head turner, it is known in Arizona, and the UNited Kingdom
* Winner Go Westy 2009 best interior contest (the interior has been updated since then)
* Sub Feature in VW Vibe Magazine OCT 2014 (High altitude Kampout)
* Winner Best Bus Grace assisted living Car SHow Boise, ID 2012
Advantages of this van over others.
*California model not available in USA, you get to enjoy the sunroof Others dream about.
* Hidden storage compartments Arguably more than the standard Westy.
*Once you get used to it RHD is easier to drive (Just ask your local mail carrier)
*Be the center of attention at your next gathering or campout, Since the slider is on the opposite side you can back into your spot. and face your friends.
* Stove is closer to the rear, you can cook standing or sitting on rear seat (you can't do that in a regular Westy)
*This van is one of a kind, equipped with options that no one else has. You could be famous...if you want.
*Once the new engine was installed the van went right into Garaged Storage it has only been driven about 1000 miles.
* The Subaru 2.2 (pre 96) is one of the best engines ever made, They run forever, Double the horsepower of the original engine and still gets better gas mileage. it is non interface which means if you break a timing belt you don't damage the engine, no harm no foul just put on a new belt and be back on the road. My previous engine had over 400,000 miles and still ran I only replaced it for piece of mind.
* Lowered racing suspension from H&R in Germany with Koni Gas adjusted shocks. (Hit those cloverleafs without slowing down to 25 mph) almost no sway handles like a Golf GTI.
* The van drives very well, Transmission runs like it should, no noises, doesn't pop out of gear no known issues.
* Since it is not a Real westy it weighs 1860KG (600KG lighter than other westys).
*Since it was originally a panel van there is no window where the closet is located, no one can look in your van.
I really don't want to sell the van I have almost $40K invested, and it has been a daily driver since 2001 to include camping on the weekends. The Van is located in Northern Arizona, and has been in the desert since 2009.
please e-mail me with any questions.
Thank you for your time.