1990 Volkswagon Vanagon Westfalia Camper Van Price: 28500
This is the Westy you've been looking for! It's in excellent condition inside and out-- free from leaks and rust, the interior is in great condition, and the engine and transmission were rebuilt ~ 50k miles ago, so she runs like a champ. I've also made a number of upgrades over the years, all of which are included, and make this a turn-key adventure-mobile.
1990 is one of the last years that VW produced the Vanagon Westfalia, and they'd perfected the model by the end of the run, so this Full Camper is water cooled and free from the overheating issues that plagued earlier years, and even has air conditioning!
I purchased this beautiful specimen 4 years ago from a guy who used to restore these vans for a living, and even he was amazed by the interior condition of this van. The original owner likely used it as a daily driver, not for camping, as the stove and camper gear are in spotless condition.
While the odometer reads 183k, the van drives like a much younger car due to the expert rebuild performed shortly before I purchased it. I've been taking this van to a local mechanic with over 30 years of experience working with these vehicles for the last four years, and he still can't get over the condition of the engine.
Over the four years I've owned the van, I've taken her all over California and Nevada, including trips of 1000 miles or more, and trips to remote and challenging places. The engine and transmission have never shown any signs of distress. I love this van, but am not using it as much as I would like, and it's time to pass the torch so that someone new can experience the joy of owning a Westy.
Text or email to set up a time to take a look at this van before it's too late!
* 4 speed manual transmission
* 2.L water cooled engine
* Full camper w/ stove, water tank, 2 beds + tons of storage. Table included.
* Air conditioning
* Rear wheel drive
* New battery (4mo old)
* New tires (less than 5000 miles)
* Rebuilt stock engine and transmission (~30k miles ago)
* All hoses and lines replaced (~30k miles ago)
* Upgraded speakers and stereo
* Bluetooth connector for phone /audio
* Fridge has been removed and replaced with shelving (Common upgrade due to poor functionality of stock fridge)
* 34 QT Engel Fridge / Freezer ($800 value)
* Auxillary Battery with dual bank charger and 1100 watt power inverter ($350 value)
* GoWesty 100W Solar Panel and solar battery charger ($500 value)
* New water pump, faucet, and fresh water lines ($100 value)
* GoWesty 2" foam mattress topper for bottom bed ($250 value)
* GoWesty interior carpet mats ($250 value)
* GoWesty hookup box replacements ($140 value)
* Window insulation kit for all windows ($140 value)
* Cup holder
* Brand new power window switches
* New gas cap
* GoWesty sink drain replacement (not yet installed)
Vehicle has been meticulously serviced, and I have records of all service performed over the past 4 years.
* Horn doesn't work, may need a new fuse, pressure sensor, or horn
* Left rear tail light is out ($2 from GoWesty)
* Only one of the burners on the stove works
* Front power window switch bezel needs to be replaced (Window switches are brand new and work fine $8.50 from Bus Depot)
* Drain for sink leaks and needs to be replaced. I have a GoWesty replacement kit which I'll included, but have not gotten around to installing.
* Small crack in front windshield (has not gotten any bigger in 4 years)
* Crack on front bumper
* Ding on rear tailgate
* Ding on rear bumper