1981 Subaru 2.2L Vanagon Price: 15000
Nice westy for sale. I've had it less than a year and I've realized it's just not for me. I will say that having driven a WBX engine and this Subaru 2.2L, it makes a huge difference. I bought it from another user here on samba. Good knowledgeable guy that put a lot of work and care into it.
- Subaru ej22 2.2L engine from 1995 Legacy. With OBDII and bluetooth adapter. 130k on engine.
- 91k miles on body.
- ~19-20mpg regularly
- Southwest van, no rust
- Paint has some fade and chipping. It's old.
- Stove works
- Sink, unsure of functionality. I haven't tried it.
- Fridge likely doesn't work. I've only used it as an ice chest
- I have not tried shore power or shore water plugs.
- Propane tank recently filled. Should be near full.
- New pop top canvas
- Custom wood table panel
- Pioneer stereo. USB and Aux.
- Yakima roof rack crossbars included. (Yakima SkyBox NOT included)
- 16" rims. Continental tires. I'll check tread depth and update later.
- Spare rim underneath, but spare tire is shredded.
- Bilstein shocks
- Aftermarket coolant temp gauge
- full rubber mats cover the front cabin
- Wood floor with a rubber welcome mat in main area.
- Seat upholstery in back is showing it's age. Some fraying.
- Upholstery in pop-top bed looks good
- Window curtains and slides are in good condition
- Resealed fuel tank (2 years)
- High torque starter (2 years)
- new alternator belt (6 months)
- new rear passenger CV boot (6 months)
- I have a free history report that I can send on request. I don't have a carfax report, but will give the VIN if you want to order one for yourself.
- It needs some help in the shifting department. It needs the shift bushings replaced and shifting lever adjusted. It occasionally pops out of 3rd and 4th. Probably not ready for any road trips until this is addressed.
- Needs timing cover
I'm going to try to get the engine oil and trans oil changed before selling. I also need to swap the wiring harness.
Feel free to e-mail or text with questions or photo requests (I realize the photos here are poor quality from uploading, but I have better photos I can e-mail). Cash or Money order, in-person sales only. Clean title. The van has a lien on it, so that'll need to be cleared before handing over the title.