1986 VW Syncro Camper 4wd w/ decoupler Price: 52000
1986 VW Syncro
title status: clean
I have been a westy owner for over 10 years and I purchased this Syncro two years ago when I upgraded from a 1986 2WD water cooled Westy. This was meant to be a lifetime camper, but unfortunately am in a position where I need to sell her. I have spent well into $30,000 to make sure she runs reliably -- you will not find a better mechanically running syncro out there. The exterior and interior are also in pristine condition. I purchased her for $52,000 and while I have put around $30,000, I am just looking to recover my original investment. All work has been validated with 4,000 miles of driving, including a 60 day road trip.
Recent work in June 2017, validated by 4,000 miles of smooth and fun driving:
- Complete rebuild of Subaru 2.2L engine
- New engine cooling system with all new stainless steel lines, radiator, cable harnesses, fittings. You name it, it was replaced.
- New gas tank
- Tires have 4,000 miles on them with 70%-80% life left, upgraded size to 16"
- Air conditioning replaced and works great
- Many minor maintenance fixes like break pads, etc.... records available
- Roof rack with Thule and shower system
- All documents available to show work done, but westy specific mechanics (Bus Labs, Peace Vans, and Small Car).
- Subaru Conversion
- Lifted for 4wd clearance
- Front and rear bumpers upgraded