1982 VW Air-cooled Vanagon Westfalia Camper Van Price: $14500
Live your #vanlife dreams in this 1982 air-cooled Vanagon Westfalia pop-up camper van.
Sleeps 4: 2 up with pop-up top and 2 on bottom on fold-out rear seat. Stove, refrigerator, sink and cushions all in good shape. Rear cushions are recently re-upholstered. 102,444 miles, mostly highway. Runs great. All original parts, replacements all sourced from Buslab in Berkeley and GoWesty.com. Registration, smog and title all up to date. All records of purchases and service since Ive owned it.
Over the past 18 months, I have systematically updated every facet of this van. Only cosmetic updates are left to complete; final paint job (it has been sanded and primed), front seat upholstery, and potentially some laminate on the interior are left. Propane stove, refrigerator and water pump system in the van work fine.
To date I have addressed:
- Replaced all fuel hoses
- Replaced catalytic converter for smog
- Fuel injection O2 sensor replaced, replaced intake boot, timing and air/fuel mix adjusted
- Sealed engine compartment
- Cleaned airflow meter and replaced cover
- Replaced air filter and hose to the carbon canister.
- Brakes front pads and rotors replaced, rear cylinders shoes and drums, brake hoses
- Replaced master cylinder and brake fluid reservoir.
- Clutch master, clutch hydraulics replaced
- Replaced blower motor and fan for interior heating
- Replaced all vent seals in air distributor.
- New tires
- Resealed fuel tank
- New shocks and all front end bushings
- Replace upper ball joints, tie rod ends
- Replaced instrument housing, illumination bulbs
- Replaced all exterior lights tail lamps, side markers, main lamps
- Updated all fuses in fuse panel
- Speedo rebuild and replace
- Replaced radio, speakers and speaker wiring.
- Replaced cigarette lighter with USB charger.
- Replaced 470k ohm resistor on instrument cluster flex circuit (oil pressure warning light circuit)
- Sealed doors, engine hatch, and pop-top vent
- Replaced rear bumper.
- Sanded and primered all surfaces