1984 Westfalia Vanagon w/ 2.2L Subaru, FULL camper Price: 24000
Selling our beloved 1984 Westfalia Vanagon Campervan with 2.2L Subaru Engine. TONS of upgrades (new paint, new pop top, upgraded 15" wheels, all terrain tires, awning, roof racks, 2 Thule boxes included... see full list below!), in fantastic shape, no rust, runs great... we've put a ton of money and love into this van- it's laid out! With the Subaru engine, this van can hit 75-80mph on the highway (unless going uphill :-) ). She's a looker too- we get endless compliments cause of her awesome paint job. This van has spent her life out west (until when we moved to Vermont last October) - California, Oregon, Washington, & Wyoming so NO salt!
Willing to discuss shipping options with you.
Mechanical/Cosmetic Upgrades (the Bells & Whistles):
- 2.2L Subaru engine- from a 1993 Subaru Legacy. Has ~120,000 miles on engine, 148,000 miles on body. 4spd manual transmission.
- New timing belt on the engine
- New fuel pump and filter
- Fuel lines replaced (2014)
- Starter replaced (2014)
- Passenger side CV Joint Boot/Axle replaced (2015)
- Rear brake cylinders replaced (2015)
- Clutch slave cylinder replaced (2016)
- Windshield replaced (2014)
- New windshield wiper switch and washer pump replaced (2014)
- Transmission fluid change (2014)
- New Auxiliary battery (2018)
- Inverter (2015)
- New canvas pop top, installed in July 2017. Yellow sunbrella material (boating material so great when exposed to the elements!) with 3 windows with screens.
- New paint job in 2015 including blue body, rhino liner base, and white pop top (using white yacht paint) and "Westfalia" logo; pop top rubber seals replaced at time of painting
- 15" wheels
- All terrain tires
- Comes with winter cables for rear tires for driving in the snow
- Awning attached to passenger side of van- when extended, its about 8' x 6.5'
- Rear hitch installed for bike rack or whatever
- Roof racks installed with 2 Thule boxes (comes with both Thule boxes!!) so TONS of extra storage
- Hydraulic pumps to assist with popping top
- Vinyl plank wood floors inside
- New side view mirror (2015)
- Newish upholstered rear seat cushions (2014)
- Newer covers for cushions in top bed (2013)
- Stove, sink, and fridge all work
- Refilled propane tank for stove 1 week ago
- Tinted windows
- Aftermarket stereo/CD player with Aux hookup
- Newer exterior hookups (all 3) (2015)
- AWESOME curtains with tweed on the outside and blackout black discoball fabric on the inside. May be originals?
- Transmission sometimes grinds a bit when going from 2nd to 3rd gear. It always has and has never caused us issues
- Engine burns through about 1 quart of oil every 10 hours of driving
- Exhaust manifold could be eventually replaced. The spot where the O2 sensor screws in is stripped and came out when driving last summer. We were on the road when this happened, so we fixed it with 3 hose clamps and its worked like a charm- no issues!