1964 VW Bus with new Westfalia Camper Interior Price: 37995
1964 VW BUS WESTFALIA CAMPER INTERIOR
PAINTED IN ORIGINAL COLOR DOVE BLUE.
ORIGINAL ROOF RACK.
This is a VERY BEAUTIFUL and VERY ORIGINAL VW CAMPER KOMBI Bus manufactured in Germany. I purchased this bus as a project in late 2016. It took me three years to find all original parts, manage restoration work and to bring this beauty back to its glory. Finest materials were used. See all the details in the photos. It also has a lot of hard to find and rare original features such as the original curtains (mustard yellow and brown), all original bumpers, the original roof rack and the Westfalia camper interior. Currently registered and All DMV fees paid till Dec 2019. It’s an Original California Car. I kept it stored in my garage in between all restoration work. I put a lot of time and way too much money into this project that I was planning to keep for myself. Life happens, I need the money and I am willing to pass this dreamcar on. Price was reduced to $37,995.
Link to over 90 photos and 6 minutes HD Quality video upon request.
In the following description I am trying to list most of the countless hours of work invested and countless new parts that were installed. I am trying to describe the vehicle as good and detailed as I can. This is a vintage vehicle "Sold AS IS".
Typ 2 (T1) Mod. 231: Kombi, Cargo doors right. Production Date: Nov. 15th, 1963, Model-year: 1964, Destination: San Francisco, USA. Paint color: L31 Dove Blue.
- Painted in Dove blue (L31). The paint job was done well. It looks very original (not too glossy).
- Rims, roof rack, emblems and bumpers painted in original beige color.
- New original VW emblem was purchased and installed. It is the real original emblem. These are expensive ($250) and hard to find.
- New chrome mirrors installed.
- New windshield wiper arms and blades installed (After the video and photos were taken).
- New window seals and other water strips installed. This bus has countless of small vent window and rubbers…
- The Bumpers consist of many parts. I took me a long time to find every single piece. Some of the pieces were restored, some of them were bought brand new. When they were complete I had spent around $1800 on the bumpers alone.
- Beautiful original large roof rack nicely restored and painted. It is very solid. I did not try but you could probably stand on it or store heavy stuff when you are travelling.
The interior of the bus is very nicely restored by a professional upholsterer using high quality materials (Please see detailed photos). Everything looks almost exactly as back in the days. Maybe better…
Some of the original Westfalia camper parts were in the bus (bench and closet cabinet). I collected all other parts over time. The upholsterer refurbished some of the cabinets and completely built what was not worth restoring. The beautiful veneer for all cabinets was purchased at Frost Hardwood Lumber Co. in San Diego. The color is called amber pearwood.
- Carpet: A black carpet was used in front and center of this bus.
- Panels: All panels are very nicely custom built using the original measurements in wood. All panels were varnished so that they can last for a long time.
- Headliner: The headliner was done in wood. It is not easy to install the headliner right…
- Original Closet cabinet completely custom built using original measurements and quality materials original handles, knobs and cabinet edging trim were purchased from Wolfsburg West and Busdepot. Both doors are functioning well.
- Original Closet cabinet above bed completely custom built using original measurements and quality materials.
- Cabinet with ice box refurbished, original handles from Wolfsburg West used. This cabinet was adjusted to match the westy look.
- Table refurbished. It goes up and down nicely and is 100% functional. It's kept original.
- Camper bench seat wood was completely custom built using original measurements and quality materials.
- Z-Bed wood was completely custom built using original measurements and quality materials. Z Bed is fully functionally and folds down to a good sized bed.
- Cushions of the seats, bench cushions and the trunk cushions were made by a professional upholsterer using high quality materials. The color almost perfectly matches the original mustard yellowish upholstery color.
- Camper windows are fully functional and open and close nicely.
- The original Westfalia camper curtains in brown and mustard yellow are really hard to find. I found a person in Canada who was able to provide the original fabric and knobs.
- Engine runs nicely and transmission shifts smoothy.
- Engine was completely rebuilt in 2017. Engine was painted to match the color of the exterior.
- Transmission fluid and oil changed.
- New carburetor installed.
- New alternator installed.
- New battery installed.
- Nice new chrome parts installed.
New nice chrome muffler installed.
- New brake cylinders installed.
- New brake pads installed.
- Thigh rods and drum brakes replaced.
- Electric was rewired.
- New gaskets, light bulbs for lights…
- New windshield wiper engine installed.
- Lights, blinkers, windshield wipers everything works!
- Horn needs to be installed.
- All locks were redone by a professional locksmith. One set of keys works for the ignition and all locks. I purchased quality locks at Vee Parts in San Diego ($330 for parts alone). It comes with a beautiful brand new VW key chain in blue and beige matching the colors of the bus.
Facts about this car
No matter if you are a collector or if you simply want to drive the possible coolest and most loved car ever made, this is your rare chance to own a Split window camper bus. You won’t be able to drive or just be near this bus without receiving love, positive vibes and more thumbs up than you can count in one day. If you don’t like all the attention then storing this car at a safe place is probably one of the best investments you can do with your money. There are not many Split window Westfalia’s around and the value only goes up.
It took uncountable hours to find all the parts and to manage all the work. It is close to where I wanted it to be. However, this is a vintage vehicle. Please be aware that all pre-owned vehicles, regardless of age, mileage or manufacturer are subject to cosmetic wear and mechanical failure.
I encourage the buyer to have a personal inspection completed prior to buying to help ensure the satisfaction. Third party inspections are to take place prior to a buying on this vehicle.
Vehicle is sold "AS IS" and with no warranties expressed or implied. I assume no responsibility for any repairs regardless of any statements about this vehicle.
Serious buyers only. Do not contact me if you are not seriously interested and funded to buy this car.