1960 Beetle Convertible Add'l Photos Price: $49000
For your consideration is this magnificent 1960 Beetle Convertible ready right now to enjoy and cherish. Vehicle received body-off restoration from West Coast Classic VW in Fullerton, California. Those familiar with Lenny Copp's meticulous work will know how stunning this Beetle is both inside and out.
Winner of numerous classic car shows around Southern California, this car has appeared in Hemmings Sports & Exotic Car magazine in the March 2012 issue, and was featured in a Volkswagen of America TV commercial shot at Cardiff State Beach in San Diego County.
The factory original numbers-matching 36HP engine has been fully rebuilt using German NOS and German OEM internal parts where possible. Cylinder heads were refreshed by Clyde Berg of Orange, and camshaft was reground by Steve Story of Web Camshaft in Riverside. Electrical system has been kept 6 volt as from factory. Transaxle is original split case unit and was refreshed during vehicle restoration.
Other notable features include:
• Dealer option electric (6V) VDO fuel gauge
• Becker Europa AM/FM radio (6V)
• 2 original Huf SE profile keys which operate ignition, glovebox lock, deck lid lock, and hood lock
• Coco mats
• Denman Wide Whitewall bias ply tires 5.60 x 15
• Year of Manufacture yellow license plates with current California registration
• Original owner's manual, service booklet, several original booklets/pamphlets/brochures that came with vehicle upon dealer delivery
• Photo albums documenting the vehicle's restoration and engine rebuild will be given to buyer
Since there is too much more to list here, I'm going to let the photos speak for themselves.
Price is $49,000 USD. All rational offers will be respectfully considered. For this price, you could not find and restore this car in today's money (ask Lenny Copp if you don't believe me). Vehicle will be delivered in Trabuco Canyon, California. Buyer is responsible for all shipping costs and arrangements.
In summary, this 1960 Beetle Convertible is truly a no-compromise classic Volkswagen that delivers on everything a vintage VW enthusiast demands. The fortunate buyer will get to enjoy it immediately rather than having to wait for years of restoration process... life's too short to wait!
Additional photos are available, so please email me for the links or any questions you may have.