1969 Riviera Camper Price: Reduced $19,400
*Reduced to $19,400
This is Ethel, our 1969 VW Riviera Camper. She is a solid, clean, well-built, well-running survivor. If you are looking for a camper to simply turn the key in and go... here she is. Selling her has not been an easy decision to make, but we have a new venture in life we want to embark on and she can help us get there a little faster. We are not in a position that we have to sell her... so please do not low ball us. Also... no trades please. Thank you.
Here are some highlights about Ethel... feel free to message or text me for more details.
* Very dry bus. No deeply pitted rust, only surface rust and "character"
* She has some bumps and bruises. Body is a rare "survivor" and is not restored. Get in her, got out in the woods, make memories, and don't worry about getting another dent or scratch.
* Purchased bus from Chadd Magee. Had him go through her mechanically and assemble her to about 80% complete. We've done an additional 10%, so there is still some room to make her better.
* Rebuilt/refreshed/fully inspected 1600 dp with new lifters, cam bearings, heads, rebuilt SVA distributor, powder coated engine tin. Perfectly tuned. Literally, turn the key and drive. We've put about 3,000 miles on her at most. Driven her two hours away on several occasions. No issues at all.
* All new brake lines. Disc brakes added to front. Rear drums rebuilt. She stops nicely.
* New CV axles, wheel bearings, and trans was cleaned/painted/lubed. She shifts fine in all gears. Random subtle grind going into third. Not sure if adjustment would help. **She does not pop out of any gears**
* New ball joints in front end. New tie rod ends. I have new drag link, just never installed. Steering box has typical slop in it but drives great.
* Late split wide 5 wheels sand blasted and painted white. Oversized tires 195/15 brand new.
* Brand new headliner
* Brand new custom Riviera canvas top and vinyl snap cover when closed
* All window seals new. All door seals new... I even replaced window scrapers but retained the OG trim. Did NOT replace the front vent window seals though, like a dummy, but they are decent. Happy to do this if it's a big deal to you.
* Wiper motor works fine. Though Rain X is still a must in my opinion. Driven through some bad rain a few times and had no issues seeing and navigating the road clearly.
* Front seats are in good shape. Have brand new light beige seat covers just never installed them
* Rear seat is full width with Rock n Roll brackets to make into bed. Seat is dark brown in really good condition
* Custom beige carpet for cargo area behind rear seat.
* All curtains and rods installed
* New sub floor installed with dark grey vinyl "wood like" tile installed
* Custom built table that can be romoved to open cargo area. Can also be move forward when rear seat is laid out as a bed so you have somewhere to put your stuff when camping.
* Door and interior panels made from birch wood and wrapped in Bohemian pattern material. If you don't dig it, you can replace with factory replacement panels.
* Bus does not leak anywhere. No weird road noises... as long as you open the jalousy windows all the way. They will rattle otherwise.
* Dash is in perfect condition
* Vintage pull-out awning made by Inst-Awn. This is such a unique and awesome feature of this buss. Takes less than 5 minutes to set up anywhere. Instant shade.
Honestly, I could go on and on with the many subtle details and love that she has received. This is a beautiful bus, and if you are looking for a cool VW camper that you can immediately make some memories in... then I'd be happy to introduce you to Ethel.
Text Derek for more info 321-231-3544