Westfalia California Style Caravelle, Subie 2.2 Price: 13000
AVAILABLE EARLY DECEMBER 2019
Due to health reasons selling my 1985 Caravelle (Vanagon): CUrrently I'm travelling around AZ & SO. Cal desert Can Possibly be near you for viewing.
LOCATION UPDATE: Van is Located in Coverage Storage Garage in Arizona (Protected from the elements).
THE GOOD BITS.
* Go Westy 3 window Pop top replaced a few years ago in good condition. (only a couple of small holes where the tent got stuck on the latch.)
* Low Mileage Subaru 2.2 Engine recently installed WITH NO ISSUES (some charge $20k for conversion)
* Fuel tank replaced 11 years ago Fuel Pump replaced 5 years ago.
* New Radiator, (less than 2000k miles), Stainless steel coolent pipes
*Westfalia Swiveling Captain's chairs
*Westfalia Child's cot for front cab (IMPOSSIBLE TO FIND FOR THE VANAGON)
* Vin number registered with the VW History Museum in Germany (Certificate included if desired)
* California model not available in USA has sunroof instead of luggage rack
* all Appliances work
* Performance racing suspension from H&R on Mercedes 16" Alloys.
* After market Spare tire holder Replaced Heavy Clam Shell With Matching Mercedes Spare
* New shifting linkage
*Weighs 1860 Kg (aprox 1000 Lbs less than standard Westfalia)
* Dual Battery set up with 105 w Solar panel, 220v SHore power 110v inverter included additionally (I use extension cord for prolonged use of 110v)
*too many options and modifications to list.
I have owned this van almost 20 years and I hate to sell it. I imported it from England in 2010 and It has had the Subaru conversion in place since 2002. Don't let the fact that it is RHD (Right Hand Drive) scare you, It doesn;t take long to get used to, and once you do you will discover that it is actually easier and has some advantages. Unfortunately since it was in England, it has some rust in the usual places but it's mostly cosmetic and the bits are plentiful here in the Arizona desert. Despite the rust it has still managed to win at a car show and can bee seen in VW Vibe Magazine Issue 3 (Compliments of Eric Arnold Photography).
I will be happy to discuss the van at length, talk all about the Subaru conversion, which has many advantages to include double HP, Better Gas mileage, Superior reliability, and maintenance free (just change oil, plugs and wires) computer does the rest. answer any questions you have e-mail me or call the listed number USING THE WATTSAPP application. Normal phone service will resume in December.
Thank you for your time