1989 Vanagon GL - Country Home Camper Top Price: 35000
The original owner purchased the van from Country Homes Campers in 1989 where it was modified to have a custom pop-top conversion and custom interior. It resided in southern California until around 2002 when the owner moved to New Mexico.
In 2015, the van was sold to the second owner, who also resided in New Mexico.
In 2017, the van was sold to the third and current owner, who moved it to Colorado.
The van has been garaged or covered for most of its life while not in use. Service records from all three owners are available upon request.
The exterior was repainted in 2015 and any exterior damage was addressed at that time. The exterior has no significant dents or scratches. There is some rust forming on the rain gutter that will need to be addressed.
The interior is very clean, having been redone in 2017. There are no tears or stains to the upholstery, paneling, or carpeting. This van has a custom interior with a tan/brown color scheme instead of the standard gray for a typical 1989 Vanagon.
It was not originally a camper van, so while it does have a Westfalia kitchen, this is an addition to the van. The camper does not have the back closet or additional cabinetry next to the kitchen. The kitchen contains a working sink and stove but does not include a refrigerator. The exterior has an electrical hook-up box but does not include the city water hook-up or tank filler hook-up. The most unique feature of the camper equipment is the Country Homes Camper pop-top. Unlike the typical Westfalia wedge-shaped pop-top, the Country Homes Camper pop-top is inspired by the Riviera conversion typical on the 1968-1979 Volkswagen Bus. The tent has some cracking in the plastic where the hinges are.
It is in great mechanical condition. In 1997, the original engine was replaced with a rebuilt 2.1 water boxer. The exhaust system was replaced in 2018. There was a coolant leak fixed recently that was the seals on the hoses.
- Rebuilt Engine Installed in 1997 at 116,531 Miles
- Bodywork & Repainting Done in 2015
- GoWesty All-Terrain Suspension Bundle
o GoWesty 1.5” Lifting Springs
o Black Alloy Wheels with BF Goodrich Tires
o Fox Shocks in Front & Rear
o Country Homes Camper Conversion
o Riviera Bus Conversion Inspired Pop-Top Tent
o Custom Tan/Brown Interior
o Westfalia Kitchen with Stove & Sink (No Refrigerator)
o Exterior White Electrical Hook-Up Box
o Light Fixture in Pop-Top
- Exhaust System Replaced in 2018
- Exterior LED Lights
- High Power Headlight Kit
- Black Rubber Floor Mats in Front
- GoWesty Rear Hatch Struts
- South African Lower Wrap-Around Grille
- Replaced Upper Radiator Grille & Emblem
- Interior LED Bulbs
- GoWesty Airhorn Kit
- GoWesty Coolant Temperature Alarm Kit
- 12V Outlet Behind Driver Seat Near Auxiliary Battery
- Electrical Outlet Near Kitchen
- External Storage Rack
- Roof Mounted Solar Panel
- Kenwood KDC-X599 Stereo System
o Speakers on Each Side of Bench Seat
o Speakers in Driver & Passenger Door
- Lamp Mounted Over Driver’s Side Bench Seat
- Auxiliary Battery in Cabinetry Behind Driver Seat
- Tow Hitch
- Rust on Rain Gutter
- Passenger Seat Does Not Turn
- Cracking at Joints on Pop-Top
- Pop-Top Needs New Seals / Does Not Seat Properly