1980 VW Vanagaon Westfalia Price: 24000
1980 VW Vanagon Westfalia
Weekender edition (Extra back seat!). Air Cooled.
All original layout with the exception of the cold box. We found it didnít do a very good job of keeping things cold so we removed the cold box and just created extra cupboard space.
7000 km ago the following work was done:
* Partial engine rebuild - replaced pistons/rings and both heads and rewired battery system (Done by Joseph at Crankcrank vroom vroom)
* New Tires
* New gas tank installed
* Full check over all mechanical systems with our proprietary checklist, including; engine compression & oil pressure check, transmission check, drive axles, lights, brakes, tires, shocks, suspension, steering & gauges
* Service/repair all mechanical & camping systems as required to bring to top, current
* full service, tune-up, oil change with Lucas engine additive, all filters & Seafoam for fuel treatment
* for main engine battery - new battery, installation & check over of connections
* All rocks chips and bubbles along the bottom were fixed and had dura guard treatment
* Rims painted white
* Replaced front carpet
* Resealed windshield.
* Brand new pop top canvas installed
* Spare tire is roadworthy spare in matching tire size
Extras added 2 years ago:
* ShadyBoy side awning
* 120-watt solar panel with controller for auxiliary battery system with new extra camping battery
* Undercoating & wax channel sealing
* Yakima locking roof rack
Extras added this year less than 1000km since:
* GoWesty heavy-duty truck wing mirrors
* GoWesty LED headlights
* New Kenwood stereo
Work completed this summer:
* Transmission replaced after gasket broke (I still have the old transmission which needs to be rebuilt. Iíll include in the sale if you want)
This Van is in amazing condition for its age. A few very slight rust spots in the usual areas but nothing that needs major work.
It runs great and since I got it Iíve regularly changed the oil (Every 3000km) and used Jon @ Van Wonder for any maintenance.
The only reason we are selling is that we are moving to Squamish and are going to run a more practical everyday vehicle for our second vehicle and get a trailer instead.
This van is ready to be used immediately. Not a project van. Pick it up and you could start all the way down the coast to Mexico the same day!
One minor issue is the water pump for the sink. Never been able to get this to work properly.
We will be sad to see her go.
No low ballers, please.
$24,000 CDN - may consider partial trade for the right vehicle (4X4)
Will throw in this weatherproof bag that fits the front luggage rack perfectly.