1986-87 Vanagon full camper dove grey int. Subaru Price: 29500
1986-87 Vanagon full camper dove grey int Subaru, manual Price: 29,500
1986 Vanagon full camper (86 chassis, 87 grey interior). The van has a Vanaru Subaru engine conversion done professionally in 2016. Tons of upgrades and I have all the receipts from my mechanics, including the engine conversion. I have the title of the van.
About the 2016 Subaru engine conversion ($12,000):
- Used 2011 Subaru Imprezza engine (38,000 miles with power steering pump)
- Vanaru engine system with wiring, exhaust, brackets, shields, air filter, hoses, etc.
- Installation done by Complete Auto Repair & Sales in Virginia with the help of Hans Achter, owner of Vanaru https://www.vanaru.com/.
- New alternator and belt.
- New timing belt and idlers.
- New radiator and hoses.
- New radiator fan switch.
- New oil filter and spark plugs.
- New clutch kit
- 5 gallons of coolant
- New fuel lines
- New speedometer cable
Comes with (2015-2017):
- Transaxel rebuilt by AA in 2016 with new ring and pinion ($3,620).
- New A/C system and hoses ($2,000), installed by Complete Auto Repair & Sales during engine conversion. Works great.
- New ignition coil.
- New starter.
- New tire rods and boots.
- New rear break drums.
- New front brake lines.
- New front shock absorbers.
- New pop top tent.
- New ARB awning and a house battery installed in 2016.
- New Go Westy awning mounting brackets.
- New Rubbertite matts throughout, grey.
- Radio toggle switch from Go Westy.
- New Blaupunkt pullout radio with bluetooth and mats in excellent shape.
- New Blaupunkt front speakers.
- New sliding windows metal screens.
- Very clean upholstery with NO tears, stains or odors.
- Additional foam pad for pop top mattress.
- New LP- Gas tank with regulator/valves.
- New glove box lock with key.
- New Jack Bombay pop-top shocks, installed.
- New relay and high power headlight kit upgrade from Go Westy.
- New LED Terrapodz DLRs.
- New LEDs for maps lights, overhead dome and camper light.
- New LEDs in odometer and speedometer.
- Frank Condelli VW grill inserts.
- New USB port replacing cigaret lighter.
- New wooden utensil drawer organizer insert from Go Westy.
- 2 New spare ignition switches I had them (just in case!)
- The 2 original swing tables in great shape (front and rear).
- New rear table guide so it won't wobble.
- New shift lever extension (not installed).
- New stainless steel hardware (bolts for pop top, luggage rack cleats and other).
- Luggage rack drain hole screens.
- New over the sink cutting board from Go Westy.
- New skylight with stainless steel hardware.
- New screen and cover for skylight.
- New skylight seals.
- New pop top latch hardware.
- New aisle trim piece kit from Go Westy, grey.
- 2 extra new wipers.
- New drain cap for for fresh water tank.
- New hoses for fresh water tank.
- New pedal pad.
- New blank VW key (in case you want to make a new copy)
- New telescoping ladder from Go Westy.
- New removable seat covers (front bucket seats and bench). Very clean, no stains or odors.
- Original Westfalia curtain set.
- Original Vanagon manual.
- And lots more in terms of gear (camping hoses for water tank, adapters, pop top cover, etc...)
My build thread in the Samba has tons of pics and good info. You can look by clicking on my username name or going to:
- The curtains that I made for my van are no longer available. I'm selling the van with the original curtains. They are in good shape.
- I will happily pay up to $200 to fix this small dent on the back hatch door (we backed out on a small tree while parking in a tight camp spot). See pics:
- I also have a driver's side metal wheel well flare part to repair the one that is there now, cracked, but the installation will have to be done by buyer.
- Some rust in exterior seam where fridge is located (very common for these vehicles). Some slight rush spots on bumper. I never got to tackle this project on my bucket list. See pics.
Will not sell van unless you come and test it first so you need to be willing to come to RI.
Glad to respond to serious inquiries and provide more photos :)