2002 Volkswagen Westfalia Price: 18000
‘Dusty Dove’ my loved VW van, she needs a new mom. I am moving back to Europe. I have to confess that one of the reasons why I did extend a few months my stay in the US was that I didn’t want to get rid of this van.
But, now I see that I am really moving to Spain so I have to face it. She'll be better in good company.
specs of those VW vans are:
* A powerful 6 Cylinders motor (2.8L) that delivers 201 HSP, and feels like a sports car rather than a camper van.
* Cruise control -that’s a feature I love for highways (and to avoid speeding fines!).
* Auto Transmission.
* Air Conditioning (also for the back seats)
* Power steering & Power windows.
The standard VW Eurovan Camping Equipment Includes:
> Westfalia Pop Top Roof with Upper Bunk sleeps 2
> Bench Seat folds down and also sleeps 2-3
> Seats 7
> Auxiliary Battery (main battery was replaced 6 months ago)
> Cabin Lighting
> Privacy curtains (for total privacy)
> Screened windows
> Flip-Up table
Dusty Dove campervan resumé:
* Clean title records
* 2019 Registered and smog test passed
* 210K miles. Motor in great shape: runs smooth and powerful, no oil burn.
* Recent rebuilt Automatic Transmission -CURRENTLY UNDER WARRANTY!. (I took the hit and rebuilt the original AT only 20K ago). I rebuilt the AT in Nov-2017 with 191.400 miles. The repair came with 36k milles/3years warranty so this means that it still has:
------- approx 14k miles of warranty left
------- 1yr of warranty left
* Radio/CD with MP3 (USB and Bluetooth) and Bluetooth hands-free calls
* Thermal isolation mats for all the windows
* quick SPIKES-SPIDER snow chains for front wheels
* Tinted glasses (under warranty)
* Swivel passenger seat
* Removable Roof rack
* Class III hitch with a 2" square receiver
* Bike rack (for the hitch) for 3 bikes
* Shade Awning (integrated with an aluminum case, SideWinderII)
* Anti-theft engine-block (with a hidden switch in the cabin)
* Miscellaneous extras:
- Portable toilet
- Underseat wood storage drawer
- 2 Ramps & 2 support stands
- Camping gear (DC/AC converter, Solar Shower, Cooler, Camping Cooking & Silverware gear…)
* Recent replacements& maintenance (water pump, AC compressor, tires&alignment, brakes, wiper blades, front halogen lights, belts, synthetic oil and filter replacements every 7k miles...)
Base engine size: 2.8 Liters
Base engine type: V-6 cylinders 24Valves
Horsepower: 201 Hp
Horsepower rpm: 6,200
Torque: 181 Lb-Ft.
Torque rpm: 2,500
Drive type: Front-Wheel
Turning radius: 21.7 ''
Fuel tank capacity
EPA mileage estimates
17 City / 20 Hwy
The good things about this Westy are:
- Very reliable motor and esthetics and space distribution
- the table behind is perfect to work as a mobile office.
- Great for solo travels (I did a couple of 1month long travels alone with it), but also enjoyed traveling with friends or family (fits for 4 adults in 2 double beds).
- Don't lose value (prices are >30% up since I bought this one 3yrs ago, and in Spain, I have a Vanagon now worth double than when I bought it 10yrs ago). If it is not your thing, I bet you can sell it next year at least for the same price (don't forget that this is the latest model of VW camper vans sold in the US -VW campers were sold new till 2003). However, I bet you get in love with her.
- People love the VW Westies and smile at you when you drive them around.
You'll really enjoy vanlife and 'Dusty Dove' will let you comfortably sleep and wake up in the morning with her in some amazing places (and the US and Mexico have many of those!)
Let me know if I can help with anything else!
This campervan or minivan is a VW Volkswagen Eurovan Weekender 2002 MV (the last US version of the T4 Westfalia)
keywords: Volkswagen, Westfalia, westy, westies, California, campervan, Vito, T3, T4, T5, camper, pop-top, camping, Vanagon, Kombi, minivan, minibus, beach, ocean, surf. winnebago