1967 VW Bus - Type 2 Bus Panel Van Price: 54,900
I am selling by pride and joy. Original owner is one of my dearest friends and I look it off his hands about 10 years ago when he was getting older. I have worked for 7 years on restoration and I have hundreds of pictures and videos. It is Colorado born, 68k original miles, and has always been in Telluride CO until I took it to Dallas to do the resto. The project was mostly completed in 2016. With a rotisserie tumble and every part of this restoration being top quality, or hand fabricated, I would put it up against any top VW bus restorations I have ever seen. The body is quality straight with the proper upper body alignment. All of the mechanical and electrical was replaced or rebuilt. The motor was completely rebuilt and slightly bored to 1630cc. Engine has ~500 miles on it since resto and was taken apart and painted or shined piece by piece, new Carb and all lines (I have dozens of pics). All the brake lines and components were replaced or restored and hand painted. Entire steering box and all components replaced. The suspension is all new with new shocks and springs, original height. The bus is as clean on the undercarriage as it is on the upper side. The EMPI wheels are custom and painted to match the 2 tone of the bus (I also have the original wheels) and the tires brand new. It lives in my car barn with a few other friends in Dallas and I drive it a few times a month and smile every time. It was built to be driven which is why I “bed linered” the entire underside before I put it back together (This is not a cover up, again tons of pics). It is built to drive and runs absolutely perfect. You can cruise down the highway at 65 no problem. One of the few modifications is the custom vinyl interior, perfect match to the bus paint in the front, black in the back and looks really sharp (I have extra for back seats of that is the direction you take it). I own a few different cars and no one looks and follows me to take pictures more than this one, from the adults to the children you can’t help but stare at this bus and smile.
There is absolutely no rust on this bus. During the restoration process, after the bus was taken down to the metal, sound dampeners (dynamat) installed behind all panels so it is “kinda” quiet.
Here is my attempt at listing what was done. I have receipts and actually have a book done on the bus :
- Full engine rebuild (top/bottom) slightly bored to 1630cc. This was meticulous and you can see the work, every piece of the engine shined or painted to perfection. Runs perfect
- Rotisserie tumble with every part of the bus restored or replaced and straight
- Carb is new, gas tank perfect with all new gas lines.
- Original gas and speedometer gauges all work (gas gauge sticks every now and then)
- VW factory paint (L289 Top and L380 Bottom) absolute best color!
- Entire rear and underside of bus has been bed linered (again I have pics). Never decided what I wanted to do with rear finish out (original idea was fly fishing bus with bed, tying table and so on, but never got it done)
- Dynamat inside every panel throughout back and front
- All brake components, brake lines, cylinders replaced
- All glass was replaced with all new rubber on windows (except back window I kept original glass with all new seals and rubber)
- All new hardware and trim
- 12 volt and all brand new wiring, not one old wire, and everything works perfect
- No windshield wipers, never reinstalled and would never drive in rain
- EMPI 15” chrome wheels painted custom to match the bus, with white walls. I also have original wheels and will go with the bus if you want to bring them back
- Suspension is all new
- New Roof rack
- VIN 217118531
- Custom panel where stereo was with custom paint to match the bus
If you are a serious buyer you are always looking, as I do even though I have one. Most have been cleaned up and painted but you can see through that. Paint was actually the easiest part. You will love this restoration, no expenses spared. The plan was to get it back to Telluride, but things have changed and now I think it needs to be at the beach!
Feel free to contact me by text/phone and I can answer any questions you might have and can walk out and show you anything you want to see. I can coordinate shipping/pick up and have a few contacts (would not move unless it is a enclosed trailer). You can reach me at 214-704-3200
The bus is in Dallas and I have a clean Colorado title in hand.
Link to more pictures :