1984 Vanagon Westfalia Price: $22500
This camper runs great and has been a wonderful travel vehicle for us since 2015. We are only selling because our family has outgrown it and it's time for a new chapter in life. We'll be sad to see it go but it deserves to be out camping, not sitting idle in a garage. This is not a show vehicle but is an extremely solid example that will allow you to get out and do some exploring in style. We are nonsmokers and have never had pets in the camper, it's clean and ready to go. We have always made every attempt to maintain it to a high level and ensure it is safe and reliable for our family to travel in. Please feel free to ask any questions or request specific photos.
• New cylinder heads and cooling lines/hoses at 145k miles
• Everything works as it should, fridge works great on all three modes. Stove and sink fully functional.
• Rare 15" Vanagon South African 'Starburst' wheels
• South African headlight kit and Hella fog lights
• GoWesty bumpers with hitch kit
• OEM 3 window canvas tent, about two years old
• Magnetic window screens for front windows (OG hatch screen also)
• Fiamma Vanagon-specific bike rack included (Coleman camping trailer is not included)
• City water port fridge fan mod, removes extra heat from behind the fridge. Three-way switch allows for always on, on-with-thermostat, and off settings. The fan draws very little current, you can run it for days on end without worrying about draining the battery.
• Rear table lift mod, so you can raise the table to whatever height you wish. Rear table has been replaced by the original front table so you can open the closet door. Both tables will be included in the sale.
• Rear heater core has been removed for extra storage space under the back seat but will be included in sale.
• We made new curtains but also have the originals and a number of extra parts that will go with the sale.
• Trailer light controller installed, four pin flat style
• Westy Lounge kit allows the rear seat to be used in reversed recline-mode. Great for watching movies in the back on rainy nights.
• Aux-in cord installed for 90's era CD player in the dash. Routed through the ashtray so you can plug in and listen to music while driving or parked. Switch on dash powers the radio with the ignition off. Polk speakers all around sound much nicer than OEM.
• Typical vanagon clattery lifter if left sitting for too long, always pumps up no problem.
• OEM heater valve currently removed (replacements kept leaking). Manual ball valve shutoff in place which is more reliable but is not controlled by the dashboard. Can show/explain and offer advice based on our experiences.
• Small crease on the nose (as pictured). Was there when we purchased it, not through and not prone to rusting.
• Typical blemishes and scratches for a 35 year old vehicle
• Window tinting is starting to separate in places, still functional but not cosmetically perfect
• Some minor staining and wear and tear on the upholstery, nothing major but it's definitely not perfect