86' Westfalia Amazing cond. ABA Engine conversion Price: 32500
IF SERIOUSLY INTERESTED PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO READ COMPLETE LISTING, THANK YOU!
Anybody looking for a turn key ready to go Westfalia with no needed repairs, look no further!!
The decision has been made to sell some of Detlev Hanschke's Volkswagen collection. We have decided to mention my father,
the recently passed away Master Mechanic (59) (Wolfsburg Volkswagen factory graduate) in this listing, as he was a well known face in the VW community in the united states for over two decades and anyone who recognizes his name knows what quality work is being offered. Detlev is known for his unique engine conversions and his attention to detail.
Everyone of his engine conversions are one of a kind and built to last!!
IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR ALL CA RESIDENTS PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
The ABA 2.0l engine (found in 95' jetta, passat, golf etc.) was installed in the Van late 2018. Unaware that the engine swapping guidelines had changed in April 2018, the vehicle was not granted the CA smog certificate by the referee inspector (please note the car would if eligible pass CA Smog with flying colors). The referee had informed me that he knew Detlev and that he always brought clean and well done engine swaps to him and that there is no problem with the engine itself.
In a nutshell he explained that engines from cars are not allowed to be swapped into trucks or LDT (light duty truck) and the Westfalia is considered a LDT.
** GOTTA LOVE CALIFORNIA FOR THIS NEW AND RIDICULOUS GUIDELINE **
Sadly this Beauty cannot be registered in California due to the above given information
Motor: 2.0L (1984 cc) I4 SOHC 8V Fuel Injected (121.071 cu in)
Engine code: ABA
HP: 116.6 PS (115 bhp) (85.8 kW)
Hp Peak: 5400 rpm
Torque: 122 ft/lbs
Torque peak: 3200 rpm
Unitary capacity: 496 cc per cylinder
1/4 mile : ???
One of the smoothest driving and cleanest 86' Westfalia you can find on the market!!
**** ODOMETER READING 101,732 MILES ****
This westfalia is rust free besides surface rust on the dent in the back and a small area under rear bumper.
(please see picture)
Before Detlev purchased the Westy it was driven by a gentleman that loved to camp and really used the Westy but also took great care of the Van and it shows!!
This is not a garage queen even though it might look like one!!
FULL INSPECTION IN LIVERMORE CA ON A LIFT FROM TOP TO BOTTOM WELCOME ANYTIME!!!
VIDEO WALKTHROUGH AVAILABLE AS WELL FOR OUT OF STATE BUYERS!!!!
- Very clean Engine Conversion!! 2.0l ABA 4cyl engine (less than 100 miles on rebuilt engine by Detlev Hanschke at International Auto service)
(Van gets driven on weekends occasionally to keep it moving, no car likes to sit and age)
- Bilstein B6 Performance gas pressure Shocks
(better stability and handling without the compromise of ride comfort)
- Every Bushing and ball joint has been replaced
- New tie rods w/steering rack boots
- New Drive Axles
- New Clutch kit
- Stainless Steel coolant pipes
- New Silicone coolant hoses
- New Behr Radiator
- New Brakes Front and rear complete
- New Brake lines
- New Master brake cylinder
- New Brake callipers
- New Tires 205/70 R14 98T XL
- New Radio antenna
- New windshield w/seal
- New tinted skylight with seal
- All fuel lines replaced from tank to engine and from tank to expansion tanks.
- New Fuel tank sender and tank seals
- Needs new pop top rubber seal Part #: 253-070-708 $90 GoWesty (but still totally functional)
- Pop top canvas shows its age but will last another summer season for sure
(WILL INCLUDE NEW POP TOP CANVAS WITH PURCHASE)
- Rear hatch vinyl cover has a tear
- Rare Middle bench rails on floor for extra two seater bench attachment, to make it a six seater. If interested I have a color matched two seater bench for the middle section available upon request.
This is a very straightforward listing with no hidden secrets or forgotten information, please take me up on the inspection offer so you can make a confident decision about this purchase.
MORE PICTURES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
CONTACT ONLY IF SERIOUSLY INTERESTED.