TESLA Powered Electric Conversion! 1969 Westy Price: 23,500
( If you reach out, please text. The number is not monitored for calls so you will not reach me. Thank you!)
Custom EV! 1969 Bay Window Bus (westfalia)
- German built in 1969
- Restored in 2017 by Vdub Classics
- Odometer reads ~33,250.
- Only two seatbelts (front two buckets)
- Converted to electric power in 2018 using the EV West Kit and 8 Tesla Smart modules.
- Backup camera
- Regenerative braking
- Manual transmission (but no need to shift - just keep it in 2nd or 3rd)
- Ice chest
- Sleeping loft
- Bubble top
- Custom boss sound system (Bluetooth, AM/FM, Aux, CD Player)
- Electric reverse (there is no reverse gear, there is a reverse switch on the dash)
- Programmable motor / controller (with hand held programmer)
- Two charging options: a standard J1772 charging inlet and a standard 3 prong household plug.
- Range is 65-85 mi (depending on driving conditions). Possible to upgrade batteries for more range, but wouldn’t be a small project.
- In-dash battery monitor
- 24 kWh battery pack
- 600 max output amperage (burst)
- 114v nominal
- Just bought an Orion BMS brand new, not yet installed but included.
- Some scratches in paint (see video)
- Some rust underneath (but not bad at all for a car this old - see video).
- icebox door hinge is cracked (see video)
- shifts a little hard. not too bad but noticeable from 1st to 2nd