Volkswagen Eurovan 2001 Price: 19500
We are selling our Westfalia 2001 Eurovan - we are sad to see it go but we are relocating and unfortunately can't take it with us...
It has been an amazing road trip and overall companion - the places we have visited and the things we have seen and experienced with it will be forever stuck in our brains - it has given us a feeling of freedom we have not experienced before in any other form of traveling, it's just sensational.
We have owned this van for 3 years now, there have been two previous owners before us.
The van has always been taken extremely good care of; we have done the regular check ups as with any other car and we have always done full-on inspections every time before we took it for a trip. The van has always ridden very smoothly and we have never had any major issues with it, it rides and feels strong.
The Van has a Salvaged Title as it was crashed into & rear ended while being parked on the street... The damage was purely cosmetic on the back and side of the van and the repair included ONLY body work. We had it fully inspected after the crash by our mechanic and it was confirmed that the crash did not affect any mechanical or functional portion of the van, just the looks.
This is a pop-up Westfalia Eurovan and it sleeps up to 4 people (2 at the bottom on 2 on the pop-up) - you would be surprised to see how WELL you sleep in this van.
The Van originally comes with an integrated fridge installed under the single passenger seat on the back - you will be surprised of how much you can fit in there, the cooling works good as well.
We have also done various mechanical maintenance to the van which include:
- New shocks, 2 years ago (950 dollars)
- New battery and wiring connections, 1 year ago (300 dollars)
- New starter, 4 months ago (850 dollars)
- New heater hose, coolant temp sensor (350 dollars)
- New fuel pump, filters, 1 month ago (1000 dollars)
-Brand new tires (500 dollars)
We have also done a lot of aesthetic upgrades to the van; it as been our little fun arts and crafts project since we bought it; we tried to make it nicer and nicer and more functional for us as we were discovering the things we were missing and needed to have as an essential on every trip we took. These include:
- New vinyl wood flooring (see photos) - very easy to keep clean by just wiping it with a cloth
- Custom designed and built solid wood cabinetry which features a sink and a self-pump faucet (fresh water supply and disposal) and also tons of storage space for food, supplies, utilities, etc (see photos of the process)
- Custom fabric covers for the back seats (see photos)
There is no Westfalia Van in the market like this one, it's one of a kind... and the electric blue color... just makes it the cherry on top!