1959 Bug Chopped top w/rumble seat suicide doors Price: $4500 obo
1959 Volkswagen Bug Coupe that has been chopped, suicide doors and a rumble seat.
This is a highly modified Bug that was originally built in the late 1970’s early 1980’s from what I was told in Western Colorado. The list of modifications are:
- Top has been chopped 2 1/4”
- Custom rear window treatment
- Full functioning rumble seat
- Angled “B” pillars
- Suicide doors (needs catches done)
- Custom rear air intake scoops
- Shortened rear engine lid
All of the body mods were done old school with lead and finished with a skim coat of bondo. I sanded all of the bondo off before putting it into black primer. I have pictures of it in raw metal so you can see the lead work.
- Original German front beam was fitted with adjusters and 14” Thing rims up front, stock bug 15” rims in the rear
- New fiberglass fender skirts
- Has a fairly complete 1600cc dual port engine to use as a core for rebuilding - Does Not Run
- Stock dash and steering wheel, does come with the stock radio/faceplate and horn button ( just not in the pictures)
- Super dry and solid heater channels, lower doors etc
- Needs rear passenger side floor pan section under the battery
- Has a fiberglass hood on it, I don’t care for it and would prefer a steel one but haven’t had time to search for one
- Engine lid is beat up and will require some work
- There is a hole in the firewall but car comes with a complete package tray and fire section from another bug
- No glass, I do have one vent window and rollup window from when it was originally built for templates but are cracked
- No seats, no lights
- Incorrect gas tank
It’s a unique car for anyone into customs, hot rods or rat rods. I am just lacking room to keep it.
$4500 or best offer. Sorry, NO trades
Located in Yachats, Oregon 97498
Possible delivery available in Oregon, lower Washington and Idaho $ .75 per loaded mile.
Check my other ads for more cars and parts for sale
No refunds. All sales are final.