1985 VW Vanagon GL Westfalia Price: 19500
Model: Vanagon GL Westfalia Camper
Engine: New Vanagon Engine 1.9L (~30,000 miles), Water Cooled
Exterior: Brown | Interior: Brown / Beige / Tan
Sully needs a new home - I’m from the UK and finally heading back that way so it’s time for new adventures with a new owner. He’s unflappable, patient and ready for any adventure you ask of him. Engine runs well for short and long distances - he’s been meticulously restored and maintained for the last 4 years by Michael at Valley Wagonworks (details below). His original interior has also been kept in beautiful shape - everything is in working order (2-burner stove, fridge, aux battery, hookups, water pump, fold out bed/bench, pop-top and upper bed, heat) except the AC. He even comes complete with a DVD player for retro movie watching on the road ;)
To say that it has been a delight to have this car in my life is a wild understatement. I’m heart broken to let him go but excited for someone new to make memories with him.
- Upgraded 2.1L Vanagon engine ~30k miles ago w/ recent inspection, new pushrods
- Transmission was rebuilt by previous owner ~5 years ago
- Battery and aux battery
- Various fuel hoses and new belt
- Radiator, coolant hoses, thermostat, fan control module
- Brake pads, boots (due a look at the axle shafts for possible replacement)
- Spare tire
- A lot of other miscellaneous mechanical and electrical upgrades over the last 4 years
- Yakima 3 bicycle bike rack made specifically for the VW Vanagon
- Thule roof rack (I used to have a big box + surfboards comfortably side by side on the roof)
- Inno lockable surf rack, holds multiple boards.
- Open to keeping some of the interior home-y bits n bobs for you, or I can remove them (book shelf, back of seat storage, fruit basket)
- Title is clean and no history of accidents
- Smog passes, no troubles
- Original manuals in perfect condition
- Paperwork and maintenance records going back decades.
- Superficial rust developing on bottom right of front windshield. A few other scuffs on the exterior body but all superficial.
- 2 smaller-than-a-penny cracks in the front windshield
- Various different original curtain coverings and bug mesh for windows. Pop-top tent has no tears but bug screen has a few holes.
- AC was once installed but no longer works, this could be fixed or removed to free up more storage space in the back.
- Speaker system works really well but would need new radio (we’ve just been using bluetooth speakers)