1965 VW Split Bus Camper Price: 25,000 obo
This is a 1965 11 window bus that someone converted and installed an original Westfalia camper kit in a long time ago. It's a solid bus with some rust in the usual places for a split. Lower nose, rockers, dog legs, etc. This bus was used as an advertising tool for the past several years. It had sat for 1.5 years before I purchased it. I had to go through the brakes and service some things in the engine to get it to be a driver. It has a new master cylinder, new rear brake pads and the front brakes had been done prior to being parked. The bus comes with a roof rack and ladder as well. See pics.
Overall, this bus is a great foundation to restore or spot fix areas in need and enjoy.
* Excellent dual port 1600 engine that appears to be a recent rebuild. Runs great.
* I installed a restored/rebuilt German Pierburg fuel pump.
* The engine had an oil change, valve adjustment and new points and condenser.
* The carb was overhauled and adjusted.
* Tires have plenty of rubber left.
* The front end is tight. Recently new tie rods. The steering box has no play. The steering is tight and crisp.
* It has an original Westfalia camper kit installed including the correct opening windows.
* The frame is solid with no rot or corrosion.
* Needs battery trays.
* Front door windows need to be rebuilt.
* Rockers repaired or replaced.
* Dog legs repaired or replaced.
* Some outriggers need to be replaced.
* Lower nose replaced.
* Engine needs to be pulled and have tin removed for a good cleaning. While the engine is out, check the clutch and throw out bearing.
* The linoleum floor in the back needs to be replaced.
* A couple rust spots in the roof gutters.
As I mentioned, this bus is solid. It just needs some love and repairs. It currently starts, runs and drives well.
I have the Arizona title in hand. Cash purchase only. I'M NOT INTERESTED IN TRADES so please don't ask.
This is a German Bus as well.
Asking $25k or best offer
Decades of VW and VW parts restoration experience.
The Samba member since 2004
I invoice through Square up which you can quickly pay with a credit card. I also accept Paypal or Venmo. All listed pricing is plus shipping & add 4% for paypal fees.
**I ship worldwide**
My feedback thread-