1985 Vanagon Westfalia Price: 24000
1985 Vanagon Westfalia - 1.9L - Wasserboxer - Automatic Transmission
This van has been my pride and joy over the past few years but we are moving later this year and sadly the van cannot come with us. I've done a lot of the "not-so-fun" legwork for you; it's got all of the necessary upgrades that you could want for improving reliability and drivability. I have put a lot of work into this van to make it a comfortable home on the road and I hope the next owner enjoys it as much as I have. It is road-trip ready!
- Fuel lines (including the hard plastic lines) have been replaced
- The iffy automatic transmission cooler has been replaced with an external cooler
- New fuel pump
- Changed out pre-pump fuel filter for better post-pump filter setup
- Original fuel injection but injectors have been cleaned
- New belts
- New front and rear brakes
- Steel brake lines all around
- 16 inch steel rims with General Grabber tires (less than 2k miles on them)
- New power steering rack and pinion
- New CV joints and boots
- Recently replaced all fluids
- Rear heater removed
- New seals around entire pop-top and luggage rack
- New 3-window tent
- ARB 2500x2500 Awning
- Engel MR40 Fridge
- Waterproof Wood laminate flooring
- Brand new Gray Front Carpet
- 100 Watt detachable solar panel on the luggage rack
- 150 Ah auxiliary batteries for the fridge/sink/other electronics (charged by solar panel)
- New 10 Gallon water tank with all new plumbing, water pump, and Shurflo faucet
- Yakima roof rack
Things that need work:
- Windows could use some new tint
- AC needs some work
- Odometer stopped working at 129,238. I have put less than 8k miles on it since then.
- Just passed TX inspection.
- Stove works well, there is propane in the tank.
Extras (included if you want them):
- Window A/C unit (we used this for camping and kept us very cool on multiple 112 degree days)
- Hi-Lift Jack
- Waterproof cover for the van
This is a great van that is ready for adventure!