1989 Vanagon GL Westfalia - Subaru 2.5 DOHC Price: 35000 obo
1989 Vanagon GL Westfalia w. Subaru 2.5 DOHC conversion - Automatic ~160K on odo
Engine Subaru 2.5L DOHC from 1998 legacy - conversion done by prior owner using Kennedy engineering kit and harness
- Rocky Mountain Westy did major upgrades/ repairs including stainless coolant lines, reversed coolant manifold, stainless coolant tank, Stainless exhaust, timing belt, water pump, shortened oil pan w. Rear access dipstick. Fuel tank reseal w. New sender. New head gaskets ~4000 miles ago. Aftermarket auto transmission cooling radiator.
- Included hookups for designing AC lines (AC currently not hooked up)
- Power steering rack replaced, new upgraded Technique T3 bushings, bilstein shocks
- New starter battery ~ 3 months ago
- Upgraded air intake
- LED lights all around w. Rear LED brake light
- High powered headlight kit (not LED)
- Go-Westy dashboard circuitboard kit w. Red LED
- Rear heater removed
- Oil changed q3000 miles w. OEM Subaru oil filters
- Scan gauge OBD2 monitor
-CLEAN body - no significant rust (Most of life in California, Nevada, Colorado, and Oregon).
-Recent windows out paint job in original Wolfsburg grey with liner on lower panels. Roof in white fiberglass gel coat. seams sealed at this time. Camper vent, mud flap holes patched to prevent rust.
-New Westfalia decals.
-New Gowesty camper hookup boxes
-Aero drivers side wiper blade w. new washer fluid nozzles
-Rocky Mountain Westy Steel bumpers
-Rocky Mountain Westy spare tire mount
-Prior owner converted roof vent to sunroof, works very well.
-All new rubber seals, doors, windows. New windshield
-New radio antena
-new powder coating on Westfalia camper hardware (original color)
-Sew-fine interior custom upholstery w. Original captains chairs and new foam w. Front Swivels, replacement door panels to match.
-Vanagon life custom center console powder coated steel
-Replaced damaged plastic parts throughout interior with new/used
-deep cycle auxiliary house battery w. 100W solar panel and victron charging control unit with blue-tooth.
-upgraded house sound system with amplifier and subwoofer (sounds incredible)
-Moved front door speakers down to reduce interaction with window cranks and dash
-go Westy Fancy machined metal window cranks
-water tank, pump, propane stove, and external filler work as they should
-Fridge delete kit for additional storage
-Fat mat vibration control throughout (quiet on the road)
-replacement forbo marmoleum rear floor
-original headliner and wallliner in fair condition
-dashboard without cracks, taken care of with UV protectant
-new carpet and floor mats
-Pillow topper for rear mattress
-Thule cross bars
-3 window camper tent in good condition, gowesty stainless hardware upgrade
-original curtains with some stains and tears
-original snap on bug screen
-propane recently filled
-12V outlet and heavy duty tie-downs for fridge (fridge not included)
- Uses oil on the highway as most Subaru conversions do
- Odometer just recently stopped and needs a rebuild
- Slow oil drip from engine/transmission seal (been there since Iíve owned it)
- Rear passenger side curtain is torn and needs to be darned
- We have had many cross country adventures with this van. Mechanically it is sound and ready to adventure with the right owner. Feel free to have a mechanic of your choice assess the van. Sold as is, all sales final. Not in a big hurry to sell the van.
check out @V.A.N.D.E.R.L.U.S.T on instagram for some photos.