1990 Tin Top Syncro Vanagon Price: 25,000
Sometimes called a "Weekender" This tin top van (no pop top) has a folding table and bed, but no stove, sink or other camping stuff.
This Syncro is a work in progress but has received lots of love over the past 4 years. I bought it in 2017 and since then have made the following upgrades:
- new Clutch master cylinder
- new rear brakes and new brake pads throughout
- new coolant lines
- new battery
- new tail light lenses and side marker light lenses
- new emblems front & back
- new exterior paint
- new tires on new 16" Brazilian rims (includes spare)
- new LED headlight bulbs
- new fuel tank seals, filter and pump
- new interior dome lights
It has the standard 2100 pancake which runs strong(!) Not the original engine but of similar vintage.
Rear Locker with dash switch.
It has a kick ass roof rack and some small interior upgrades such as front seat drink holders (why aren't these standard hmmm Volkswagen?)
AC is fully charged and works!!
Stereo works and connects to iPhone via USB. quad sound, aftermarket speakers
Interior fold-down bed and table work great.
Includes 2 detachable jump seats.
Includes new (home made) blue carpet throughout (coffee stain on front driver side).
Next projects / still needs to be done before the van is PERFECT
- CV joint boots need replaced
- rear suspension needs bushing kit and/or adjust
- shifter boot seal (where it goes into trans) needs replaced
- interior upholstery and wall panels need some love, though they look fine at first glance, there are small rips & wear.
- power mirrors came with the van but are not hooked up - need to be wired up.