1966 Karmann Ghia Convertible Price: 21000
1966 Karmann Ghia Convertible.
I have owned this car for the last 8 years. In that time, this car has spent less than a week's worth of nights not in a garage or under cover. It isn't a perfect car but is very nice and is presentable at car shows. It is has won a few smaller shows (if you are into that type of thing).
Here is a list of features (the good):
- Top, padding, and headliner 6 years ago - in great condition
- Paint was done 5 years ago. Some chips and one dimple but overall very nice. One area in the passenger rear fender well where the paint was rubbed off but not noticeable unless you are inspecting very closely
- 1915 cc motor with dual carbs and bugpack hideaway ceramic exhaust - 2 years ago with less than 3000 miles
- CB performance RHINO transmission mount -2 years ago
- Real german squareweave carpet - 6 years ago
- 4" narrowed and adjustable beam with Monroe max air 756 air shocks with compressor
- New painless wiring harness using conventional fuses
- Mattingly brothers custom tach (currently inop)
- Other than battery tray (see below) there is NO rust.
- NEW disc brakes
- original front and rear bumpers in very good shape (not pictured)
Not as nice:
- There was a patch put in on the battery tray which was riveted in. Doesn't look great but is very solid and functional
- Pans are in really good shape and solid but were not done great cosmetically as they were riveted then welded but the rivets were never filled/welded. Very functional as is with no rust or holes, just could look better
- Driver door has a minor crack on the inside. Doesn't impact the door at all.
This is a real head turner wherever you go and gets lots of questions and thumbs up.
$21,000 or offer. Title in Hand. Would consider interesting trades.
I'm happy to answer questions but please don't waste my time if you have no intention of buying. This is a VERY solid car that I've just lost interest in so it's time to go to someone else. Here are some videos that show the car in more detail.
Whole car walkthru