Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts New!  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Parts/Accessories - Wheels
Moderators: None
Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 146, 147, 148  Next
Jump to:
Upload Pic
Title only
Category :: Parts/Accessories - Wheels
Wheel
Posted: Today 7:21 am
Size: 1200x1600   Views: 1
Rating: Not rated
Wheel
redbug64

View other images:
From redbug64 Rows Grid   

Forum code: Copy

Images for my Thing wheels project - Group 6.5
Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:39 am
Size: 1600x1010   Views: 11
Images for my Thing wheels project - Group 6.5
Stock Steve
Drove my Bug out to the local high school, which was the staging location for the town's "Christmas Tree Lighting Parade," Saturday evening, November 27th, 2021. They wanted the antique cars staged in the proper location by 5:30pm, in preparation for a 6:30pm parade step off (the parade is only maybe one or two tenths of a mile in length, from the high school to the town green). I decided to shoot for getting there for 5:00pm, so that I could get a spot to park and take some pictures of any & all of the antique cars that might show up to participate in the parade. Eventually several cool old cars arrived very close to 5:30pm. I had a good time hanging out and talking with car owners, taking some pictures, etc., and then booked home (I just wasn't up for the commitment of actually driving in the parade this year). This picture was from right about 5:00pm when I got there. I am not a fan of the shorter daylight hours of the winter season--gets dark way too early! Too many tail gaters too, for driving around in the dark with 6v headlights and tail lights...

View other images:
From Stock Steve Rows Grid   

13" Ralley? wheels
Posted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:09 pm
Size: 720x960   Views: 7
13" Ralley? wheels
henry roberts
not certain what these are called but i vaguely recall seeing them being called "Ralley" wheels.

they came with a nearly flat chromed center cap.

View other images:
From henry roberts Rows Grid   

Images for my Thing wheels project - Group 6
Posted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:50 am
Size: 1600x1115   Views: 31
Stock Steve
I installed four 3/8" thick spacers behind the wheels, with some appropriately longer lug bolts, for a little bit of a "wider track" look. It's subtle but I still like it. First photo is from the day I installed them, Monday, November 15th, 2021, and the second and third photos are from driving the car, as-equipped, out to a seasonal fundraising event in front of the Branford, CT town hall, this past Saturday, November 20th, 2021. Another local old car buddy also showed up with his '81 Trans Am.

View other images:

Size: 1600x667   Views: 13
Stock Steve
I installed four 3/8" thick spacers behind the wheels, with some appropriately longer lug bolts, for a little bit of a "wider track" look. It's subtle but I still like it. First photo is from the day I installed them, Monday, November 15th, 2021, and the second and third photos are from driving the car, as-equipped, out to a seasonal fundraising event in front of the Branford, CT town hall, this past Saturday, November 20th, 2021. Another local old car buddy also showed up with his '81 Trans Am.

View other images:

Size: 1600x1102   Views: 7
Stock Steve

View other images:

DDS Alum-A-Lite Wheels
Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:09 pm
Size: 1600x1200   Views: 14
DDS Alum-A-Lite Wheels
ScrapJunkie
Pair of 15x5, I believe. Drilled rims for slicks

View other images:
From ScrapJunkie Rows Grid   

DDS Alum-A-Lite Wheels
Size: 1600x1200   Views: 7
DDS Alum-A-Lite Wheels
ScrapJunkie

View other images:

DDS Alum-A-Lite Wheels
Size: 1600x1200   Views: 7
DDS Alum-A-Lite Wheels
ScrapJunkie

View other images:

8 spoke green
Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:39 am
Size: 640x427   Views: 12
8 spoke green
Craigbro
8 spoke

View other images:
From Craigbro Rows Grid   

Images for my Thing wheels project - Group 5.5
Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:08 am
Size: 1600x1139   Views: 21
Stock Steve
Drove the '60 Bug in the Branford, CT Veterans Day Parade, which took place on Sunday, November 7th, 2021. Not really "wheel" shots this time, but they're visible at least somewhat. Sorry no "action" shots here--just a few from pre-parade staging in front of Town Hall, and then one quick one at the conclusion of the parade. Samba member Moogie32 rode with her sister in her sister's Miata, and I had our puppy with me in the Bug. Felt great to be able to help pay tribute to our country's veterans.

View other images:

Size: 1600x1155   Views: 23
Stock Steve
Drove the '60 Bug in the Branford, CT Veterans Day Parade, which took place on Sunday, November 7th, 2021. Not really "wheel" shots this time, but they're visible at least somewhat. Sorry no "action" shots here--just a few from pre-parade staging in front of Town Hall, and then one quick one at the conclusion of the parade. Samba member Moogie32 rode with her sister in her sister's Miata, and I had our puppy with me in the Bug. Felt great to be able to help pay tribute to our country's veterans.

View other images:

Size: 1600x901   Views: 13
Stock Steve

View other images:

Size: 1600x1187   Views: 12
Stock Steve

View other images:

Size: 1600x923   Views: 14
Stock Steve

View other images:

Wheels
Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:37 am
Size: 234x215   Views: 6
Wheels
waggss

View other images:
From waggss Rows Grid   

Wheels
Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:37 am
Size: 564x423   Views: 3
Wheels
waggss

View other images:
From waggss Rows Grid   

Images for my Thing wheels project - Group 5
Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:41 am
Size: 1600x1117   Views: 25
Stock Steve
Some super-nice lighting conditions at Stony Creek Village on Monday evening, November 1st, 2021. A short drive over to the boat launching area in Guilford produced a more muted effect, as the sun was a lot lower.

View other images:

Size: 1600x1044   Views: 15
Stock Steve
Some super-nice lighting conditions at Stony Creek Village on Monday evening, November 1st, 2021. A short drive over to the boat launching area in Guilford produced a more muted effect, as the sun was a lot lower.

View other images:

Size: 1600x764   Views: 12
Stock Steve

View other images:

Size: 1600x880   Views: 16
Stock Steve

View other images:

195/14 tires
Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:34 am
Size: 800x600   Views: 6
195/14 tires
spiros
all terrain tires for 14 rims

View other images:
From spiros Rows Grid   

195/14 tires
Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:33 am
Size: 800x600   Views: 3
195/14 tires
spiros
all terrain tires for 14 rims

View other images:
From spiros Rows Grid   

T3 195/14 tires
Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:32 am
Size: 1600x1200   Views: 5
T3 195/14 tires
spiros
this is a photo for the "what wheels fit" thread

View other images:
From spiros Rows Grid   

T3 195/14 tires
Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:32 am
Size: 1600x1200   Views: 1
T3 195/14 tires
spiros
this is a photo for the "what wheels fit" thread

View other images:
From spiros Rows Grid   

Images for my Thing wheels project - Group 4.5
Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:28 pm
Size: 1600x939   Views: 18
Stock Steve
Finally got around to scrubbing the whitewalls, adjusting the tire pressures, and then popping on the new repro "flying cogwheel" caps that I bought from one of the "hot" California parts houses--I was able to purchase them with this nice shiny white finish--not bad looking and not too expensive. More photos to come from some shakedown driving/photo-oping, when I can find the time... These two shots are from 11/1/2021.

View other images:

Posted: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:28 pm
Size: 1600x1101   Views: 7
Stock Steve
Finally got around to scrubbing the whitewalls, adjusting the tire pressures, and then popping on the new repro "flying cogwheel" caps that I bought from one of the "hot" California parts houses--I was able to purchase them with this nice shiny white finish--not bad looking and not too expensive. More photos to come from some shakedown driving/photo-oping, when I can find the time... These two shots are from 11/1/2021.

View other images:

Images for my Thing wheels project - Group 4
Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:54 am
Size: 1600x1156   Views: 22
Stock Steve
Barely had time to bolt the wheels onto my car and try to get out to a car show in Guilford yesterday--which was just ending as I arrived (I was instructed to park in the handicap space by a show volunteer, by the way--I definitely do respect those spaces)... Still need to scrub blueing off of the whitewalls, adjust the tire pressures, and then get on to some hubcap experimentation. But for now, on this quickie shakedown run, I am happy with how they look and how they roll... I stopped down at Stony Creek Village for a couple of pictures after leaving the Guilford car show also.

View other images:

Size: 1600x776   Views: 16
Stock Steve
Barely had time to bolt the wheels onto my car and try to get out to a car show in Guilford yesterday--which was just ending as I arrived (I was instructed to park in the handicap space by a show volunteer, by the way--I definitely do respect those spaces)... Still need to scrub blueing off of the whitewalls, adjust the tire pressures, and then get on to some hubcap experimentation. But for now, on this quickie shakedown run, I am happy with how they look and how they roll... I stopped down at Stony Creek Village for a couple of pictures after leaving the Guilford car show also.

View other images:

Size: 1600x593   Views: 14
Stock Steve

View other images:

Size: 1600x765   Views: 16
Stock Steve

View other images:

Images for my Thing wheels project - Group 3.5
Posted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:02 pm
Size: 1600x1046   Views: 29
Images for my Thing wheels project - Group 3.5
Stock Steve
Just a quick shot (was a little dark and I attempted to lighten it up a bit) to show a comparison of what's currently on the car, with the new Thing wheels & tires. Currently on the '60 are repro Pre-A wheels, 16x3.25, with "Deka" 5.25x16 knobby truck tires (glad I bought them when I did--they are like $300 or so each now from Coker), and also spun aluminum brake drum covers from CB Performance. Hope to get the car out and do a wheels & tires switch-over this weekend...

View other images:

Wheel diameter
Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:56 pm
Size: 347x251   Views: 9
Wheel diameter
CanStan

View other images:
From CanStan Rows Grid   

Crestline wheels
Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:36 am
Size: 1600x1200   Views: 25
Crestline wheels
metz

View other images:
From metz Rows Grid   

Crestline wheels
Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:32 am
Size: 1600x1200   Views: 13
Crestline wheels
metz

View other images:
From metz Rows Grid   

Images for my Thing wheels project - Group 3
Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:31 pm
Size: 1600x1200   Views: 9
Stock Steve
Tires are Vitours, basically the whitewall version of the RWLs that I put on my former Diamond Racing wheels (ref: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=755725&highlight=), size is 195/70R14, and were purchased on ebay from Performance Plus Tires, https://www.performanceplustire.com/ . My favorite local garage mounted up the tires for me, Stony Creek Auto Service of Branford, CT--they are adults and always do a great job with things such as refinished wheels. I opted for no balancing to start--I usually like to drive a set of wheels & tires (I am a low impact vintage VW driver) before deciding to go ahead with balancing. These pictures were from October 15th, 2021.

View other images:

Size: 1600x1200   Views: 6
Stock Steve
Tires are Vitours, basically the whitewall version of the RWLs that I put on my former Diamond Racing wheels (ref: https://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=755725&highlight=), size is 195/70R14, and were purchased on ebay from Performance Plus Tires, https://www.performanceplustire.com/ . My favorite local garage mounted up the tires for me, Stony Creek Auto Service of Branford, CT--they are adults and always do a great job with things such as refinished wheels. I opted for no balancing to start--I usually like to drive a set of wheels & tires (I am a low impact vintage VW driver) before deciding to go ahead with balancing. These pictures were from October 15th, 2021.

View other images:

Stock Steve

View other images:

Images for my Thing wheels project - Group 2
Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:23 pm
Size: 1600x1200   Views: 6
Stock Steve
I chose "RAL4006 - Traffic Purple," which is a Prismatic Powders color (https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors/RAL-4006/ral-4006), based on reviewing the chips that my favorite local powdercoating place had on display in their lobby ("American Dry Stripping and Powder Coating - Shoreline Division," located in North Branford, CT--formerly known as "Shoreline Coatings LLC"). It is very striking and has a nice gloss finish. The powdercoating place allowed me to review the six wheels in "as-sandblasted" condition, so that I could see how good or bad they looked, before deciding if I wanted to get all six done--they looked surprisingly good, so I went with all six. These images are from the day I picked up the finished coated wheels, September 10th, 2021.

View other images:

Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:11 am
Size: 1600x1036   Views: 13
Stock Steve
I chose "RAL4006 - Traffic Purple," which is a Prismatic Powders color (https://www.prismaticpowders.com/shop/powder-coating-colors/RAL-4006/ral-4006), based on reviewing the chips that my favorite local powdercoating place had on display in their lobby ("American Dry Stripping and Powder Coating - Shoreline Division," located in North Branford, CT--formerly known as "Shoreline Coatings LLC"). It is very striking and has a nice gloss finish. The powdercoating place allowed me to review the six wheels in "as-sandblasted" condition, so that I could see how good or bad they looked, before deciding if I wanted to get all six done--they looked surprisingly good, so I went with all six. These images are from the day I picked up the finished coated wheels, September 10th, 2021.

View other images:

Posted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:11 am
Size: 1600x1138   Views: 7
Stock Steve

View other images:

Images for my Thing wheels project - Group 1
Posted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:56 am
Size: 1600x750   Views: 11
Stock Steve
It's been a while in process, with many stops & starts, and bumps in the road, in the initial wheels acquisition phase. I had decided that I wanted to do up a set of real Type 181 Thing wheels, as my head's really into 14" wheels these days. It took three different sellers to get to the point where I had accumulated a decent (not great) six pieces to begin the refinishing process with... The first picture of eight pieces was from early September 2021, and I still wasn't happy. I decided to get rid of three of rustiest (coincidentally, I am selling them to someone today, 10/22/2021, at a price WAY below what I paid for them--"live and learn" when you buy stuff more or less sight unseen...). The second picture shows the three that I had been advertising cheap, and which are going to a new owner today... The third picture is the group of six that I actually went to sandblasting & powdercoating with. You'll note that the one at the upper left looks really good--it was an already sandblasted example that I bought a single of--not cheap by any means, but I wanted that sixth one to be safe. The fourth picture is a close-up of that one... And there you have it... Next installment will be how I picked them up from a very reputable local powdercoating place that also did the sandblasting...

View other images:

Size: 1280x1103   Views: 11
Stock Steve
It's been a while in process, with many stops & starts, and bumps in the road, in the initial wheels acquisition phase. I had decided that I wanted to do up a set of real Type 181 Thing wheels, as my head's really into 14" wheels these days. It took three different sellers to get to the point where I had accumulated a decent (not great) six pieces to begin the refinishing process with... The first picture of eight pieces was from early September 2021, and I still wasn't happy. I decided to get rid of three of rustiest (coincidentally, I am selling them to someone today, 10/22/2021, at a price WAY below what I paid for them--"live and learn" when you buy stuff more or less sight unseen...). The second picture shows the three that I had been advertising cheap, and which are going to a new owner today... The third picture is the group of six that I actually went to sandblasting & powdercoating with. You'll note that the one at the upper left looks really good--it was an already sandblasted example that I bought a single of--not cheap by any means, but I wanted that sixth one to be safe. The fourth picture is a close-up of that one... And there you have it... Next installment will be how I picked them up from a very reputable local powdercoating place that also did the sandblasting...

View other images:

Size: 1600x1044   Views: 12
Stock Steve

View other images:

Size: 1412x1222   Views: 12
Stock Steve

View other images:

Odd 13 inch wheels
Posted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:47 pm
Size: 1600x1200   Views: 27
Odd 13 inch wheels
Deluxe Lowlight Ghia
Not sure of the make please help

View other images:
From Deluxe Lowlight Ghia Rows Grid   

Odd 13 inch wheels
Odd 13 inch wheels
Deluxe Lowlight Ghia

View other images:

Odd 13 inch wheels
Odd 13 inch wheels
Deluxe Lowlight Ghia

View other images:

Odd 13 inch wheels
Size: 1600x1200   Views: 8
Odd 13 inch wheels
Deluxe Lowlight Ghia

View other images:

Wheels
Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:34 am
Size: 1200x800   Views: 23
Wheels
Silver65

View other images:
From Silver65 Rows Grid   

Select sort method:  Order:  
Gallery Index -> Parts/Accessories - Wheels

Page: 1, 2, 3 ... 146, 147, 148  Next
Jump to:
All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 148
Jump to:  

You cannot upload new pics in this category
You cannot rate pics in this category
You cannot edit your pics and comments in this category
You cannot delete your pics and comments in this category

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2020, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB