Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:38 pm
Size: 1300x936 Views: 9
Rating: Not rated
Karmann Ghias, Type 3 in movies & TV; batch 13 Rome
1. Orange late Squareback in a German junkyard; seems like such a waste though the mandatory 2-year inspection system TUeV was rigorous with body rot. German program "Der Mann der keine Autos mochte" season 3, 1984. Translated The man who did not like any cars.
2. Yellow '68/'69 Ghia Cabrio parked, 1970's German TV program "Die Strasse".
3. Black with white roof Ghia Coupe in traffic, German TV program "PS Geschichten 1975" (translated Horsepower stories).
4. Ivory late Type 34 Ghia, German TV program "PS Geschichten- Die Feuerreiter 4".
5, 6. Black with black roof '66 Ghia Cabrio, German TV program "PS Geschichten 2" (1979). Samba Ghia enthusiast Udo Dreisoerner listed this in "Ghias on the silver screen" thread.
7. Same '66 Ghia and its driver, PS Geschichten 4.
8. White late Squareback parked, per #7.
9. Early '60's Ghia Cabrio at the finish line of the Jackrabbit Springs race behind the checkered flagman, movie "The Love Bug" (1969). The VW logo on the far left is probably the only time it was ever seen in the movie, as Herbie the Love Bug had its emblem either removed or covered over. Silver-blue blur is a Corvette Stingray roadster, and the red blur at far right is a Devin. View other images: From Rome Search Forums for photo