Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Kombi T2 Inner Front Valance Panel Repair Replacement
Photo link: Forum code:
Kombi T2 Inner Front Valance Panel Repair Replacement
Author Photo
novetti
Samba Member

Photos: 392

Kombi T2 Inner Front Valance Panel Repair Replacement Posted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:07 pm     Views: 85      Rating: Not rated

Some photos for the thread ''Replacing Inner and Outer Front Valance without messing with the nose''.
I cut the outer like 15mm below the seam level at the front, metal thickness was ok at the point to be kept. I wanted to avoid messing with the nose panel and the seam to minimize the intervention.
Fabricated my own sections of the A pilar, welded those first then the inner Valance replacement Panel I got. Cut in the matching height from the piece removed. Welder the inner from the front, so the weld bead stayed inside.
trimmed the Outer valance piece at the matching height required and welded on.

View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Share: Facebook Twitter
All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2023, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB
Links to eBay or other vendor sites may be affiliate links where the site receives compensation.