Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Spin On oil filter
Photo link: Forum code:
Spin On oil filter
Author Photo
LittleMicroCars
Samba Member

Photos: 165

Spin On oil filter Posted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:38 pm     Views: 138      Rating: Not rated

This is what a filter looks like after a start up of an engine that was sitting for a while, and this is after I had flushed the case several times with fuel oil and had replaced the screen. The bottom of the can was also full of crud and slime... New engines with new chinese barrels have the same issues because the barrels are soft and wear at a high rate... you get tons of cast iron crud as the rings scrape the hone pattern on the barrels. Save your oil oil pump ( you will need it to have the flange cut off..to space the late model pump out away from the cam bolts) that stick out from the early type "flat cam gear" . Beware of brand new aftermarket pumps--- I have seen the pump drive gear shaft with very little interference fit on the gear... on start up with a new motor I strongly suggest an oil pressure guage plugged into the case where the sensor would normally be. a loose shaft will fail almost immediately rendering 0 oil pressure.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Share: Facebook Twitter

All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2020, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB