Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1961vw rag top
Photo link: Forum code:
1961vw rag top
Author Photo
LittleMicroCars
Samba Member

Photos: 165

1961vw rag top Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:46 pm     Views: 109      Rating: Not rated

Their had been a shunt repair before but to do these right you must get to the core where the cancer is..or your ride is short lived on the road. the previous repair man used brass rod tacked on ever inch or so . I felt it better to start over. and remove all the cancer rust that was impossible to get it. this was the next caretaker has proof that there is nothing hiding to jump out and bite you at a later date. I would say about 80 percent of the ( project cars) on the samba have about 7 to 10,000 in metal repair yet to be done. If you cant fix it yourself your in for a rude awakening . I service about 150 body shops . The problem they face is the shop overhead is ungodly and they need to turn cars that they can get oem parts for at a reasonable speed.. space is money , time is money ,waiting for parts ( cost money ) poorly fitting aftermarket parts do not even come close to original for fitment. Ill stop here because I can go on and on.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Share: Facebook Twitter
All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2023, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB
Links to eBay or other vendor sites may be affiliate links where the site receives compensation.