Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Beetle 1952-64 Vent Wing Seals Compare Original to Reproductions
Photo link: Forum code:
Beetle 1952-64 Vent Wing Seals Compare Original to Reproductions
Author Photo
glutamodo Premium Member
The Android

Photos: 317

Beetle 1952-64 Vent Wing Seals Compare Original to Reproductions Posted: Sat May 02, 2015 10:19 pm     Views: 89      Rating: Not rated

Recently bought a pair of "Best Quality" vent wing seals from CIP1. There are no markings on the parts as to who made them. These photos compare these 2015 purchased seals to some VIBRASIL (the common ones that most places sell, including CIP1.) Brazil-made seals I bought in 2010 with a date stamp in the rubber of 2008. Also compared to an original German driver's door seal I removed from my 61-body Baja bug.

The price difference from CIP1 was surprisingly small - the VIBRASILs go for 15.99 each, so 31.98 for a pair. The "Best Quality" ones are only sold in pairs, for 34.99 as of May 2 2015

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Share: Facebook Twitter
All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2023, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB
Links to eBay or other vendor sites may be affiliate links where the site receives compensation.